Document certification in BA

c_bella

Registered
Where can we get documents certified, for visa purposes in Buenos Aires?

Documents (birth certificates, letters from accountants, bank officers, brokerage firms, etc. must be certified (Apostilled) in the country of origin. If you have documents issued in Argentina (e.g. letter verifying Social Security income from the US Embassy) it can be done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Arenales 819.

The US Embassy/Consulate does not perform the Apostille service for documents issued in the US. If you are not from the US you will need to check with your consulate.

Steve, reading what c_bella wrote a while back, my guess is that they need Australian documents for entry into Brazil. Same principle applies, of course but c_bella, you need to be much more specific in your questions if you are not going to be sent on a wild goose chase over these docs.

So we are needing a financial declaration made by me, (like a statutory declaration) for a Brazilian visa which we are applying for here in Buenos Aires certified. Any ideas? We have a english version and a translated version.

Just in case I can help someone else to have these documents legalised there are 3 steps involved;
1. To sign in presence of a notar, there are many on Lavelle 1300 block of the street approx 100 pesos per page
2. Then have the notar certified by the school of notars (Colegio publico de escrisavos) 1833 Ave Las Heras y Callao approx 70 pesos per page. Hours 9.30am-3pm
3. Take it to the Ministerio de relaciones exteriores, 819 Avenales. Hours 8.30am-1.30pm

Cheers hope to help someone!

c_bella said:
Just in case I can help someone else to have these documents legalised there are 3 steps involved;
1. To sign in presence of a notar, there are many on Lavelle 1300 block of the street approx 100 pesos per page
2. Then have the notar certified by the school of notars (Colegio publico de escrisavos) 1833 Ave Las Heras y Callao approx 70 pesos per page. Hours 9.30am-3pm
3. Take it to the Ministerio de relaciones exteriores, 819 Avenales. Hours 8.30am-1.30pm

Cheers hope to help someone!

This is great information, thanks.

One very small correction: The address of the Ministry of Foreign Relations is Arenales 819. I point this out because someone who doesn't speak castellano very well might have a problem finding it in a (street map) guide book or experience an "extra long" taxi ride if they can't ask for the street by it's exact name.

Back