Documents necessary for citizenship from one parent?

grandchildquestion

Registered
Living in Miami, I'm curious about the documents necessary to get citizenship from my parent.

From my understanding I need
1. my birth certificate
2. my dad's birth certificate
3. my mom's birth certificate
4. my current passport

Is there any age requirement for the documents, such as,

"can't be older than 12 months"?
Do they all have to be apostatized?
Where does each document need apostilization?
For example, my mother is Argentinian, does her document need to be apostilized? My father is from Peru, what apostilization would they accept?
Will my local consulate accept only "long form" of birth certificates?

What if my dad is deceased, will they need his death certificate?

No age requirements
You get the apostille individually from each relevant country. For Peru and Argentina, you will need to book an appointment for it at their respective consulates in your country/area.
Death certificate should not be needed.

'Long form' I'm not sure what that means

No age requirements
You get the apostille individually from each relevant country. For Peru and Argentina, you will need to book an appointment for it at their respective consulates in your country/area.

• Original birth certificate of native Argentine father / mother. (Make sure it’s the “Acta de Nacimiento”. The “Certificado de Nacimiento” is not valid.)

Apparently there is a difference. And so I worry that if there's a specification even with Argentinian birth certificates then I worry they will have specifications for other nationality's birth certificates.

The difference is that 'Certificado' is a temporary document, only given to parents at the moment of birth.

'Acta', also called 'partida', is the actual registry in the governent's records.

I don't think it's possible to even get a copy of the 'certificado' so don't worry about that. Any certificate that you are able to order a copy of will be equivalent to an 'acta'.

No. The acta is the public book. You get a copy of that.
No age requirements

No. Only his birth certificates needs to be apostilled.
From your AR parent you need whatever you have, even a simple DNI number is good enough because he ir she is registered at the Census.

Make sure it’s the “Acta de Nacimiento”. The “Certificado de Nacimiento” is not valid

I saw this so much, but I dont know what they mean.

In Argentna when one is born they take out BIG BIG book and write it down there, like in all other countries. But whats different that Argentina doesn`t give additional nice looking document, nothing, it is not a certificate, not an acta, it is just god blessed FOTOCOPIA of this BIG BIG book, then somebody puts a signature on it, he did nice fotocopia)

Make sure it’s the “Acta de Nacimiento”. The “Certificado de Nacimiento” is not valid

I saw this so much, but I dont know what they mean.

In Argentna when one is born they take out BIG BIG book and write it down there, like in all other countries. But whats different that Argentina doesn`t give additional nice looking document, nothing, it is not a certificate, not an acta, it is just god blessed FOTOCOPIA of this BIG BIG book, then somebody puts a signature on it, he did nice fotocopia)
That is the acta precisely.
Do not take much attention at whatever the F.O. post because they are clueless.
Something important is, if they deny to process it, you can always apply for opción de nationality at the Federal Courts in Argentina using a lawyer with poder of attorney.

The Miami consulate replied to my inquiries of citizenship like this,

> si tu madre nacio en Florida no podemos hacer la ciudadanía aca en Miami, solo puede hacerse en Argentina, cuando los padres no son nativos argentinos.

So I need a lawyer in Argentina to apply. I have emailed various lawfirms from google and have surprisingly gotten 3 different opinions.

1. Need to live there 2 years then apply. No exceptions
2. Can fly in on a tourist visa, apply to judge and reside and wait for updates. 6-8 months. 1000usd paid when I get citizenship. Consider getting a residence permit before arriving(could take 6 months to get it)
3. Can fly in on tourist visa, apply for residence permit(get it in 1 month), then apply to judge. Can take 8 months. 2000usd pay first.

I'm looking for more clarity on this situation since the options are so different. It'd be really unfortunate if I need more documents from other countries while I'm already in Argentina and have to fly to other countries.

I have
1. birth certificates of grandpa, both parents, me
2. certificate of Argentine citizenship of naturalized parent and their DNI

The Miami consulate replied to my inquiries of citizenship like this,

> si tu madre nacio en Florida no podemos hacer la ciudadanía aca en Miami, solo puede hacerse en Argentina, cuando los padres no son nativos argentinos.

So I need a lawyer in Argentina to apply. I have emailed various lawfirms from google and have surprisingly gotten 3 different opinions.

1. Need to live there 2 years then apply. No exceptions
2. Can fly in on a tourist visa, apply to judge and reside and wait for updates. 6-8 months. 1000usd paid when I get citizenship. Consider getting a residence permit before arriving(could take 6 months to get it)
3. Can fly in on tourist visa, apply for residence permit(get it in 1 month), then apply to judge. Can take 8 months. 2000usd pay first.

I'm looking for more clarity on this situation since the options are so different. It'd be really unfortunate if I need more documents from other countries while I'm already in Argentina and have to fly to other countries.

I have
1. birth certificates of grandpa, both parents, me
2. certificate of Argentine citizenship of naturalized parent and their DNI
In the end, did you do this?

In the end, did you do this?
I went with a lawyer on this site.

Steps:
Acquire all documents related to a grandchild application.
Discuss terms and steps with lawyer.
Scan documents
Hire lawyer
Lawyer review documents
Documents translated
The application has been submitted online with scanned documents on my behalf.

The next step is to

Arrive in Argentina when ready and submit physical original documents.
After that await some time and I can receive my citizenship.

This lawyer's estimated time is 3-4 months, all depending on the judge.

As you can see I joined this site october 19 when this question started. Things take time. Especially documents.

Back