Does anyone know of any good English speaking Counselors/Psychologists?

sleslie23 said:
Ouch! 60 USD per hour. I guess speaking English to your shrink comes at a premium.
From what I know, I believe that rate is for online therapy not for his local patients in Buenos Aires.

JHB1216 said:
Ximena Farren has been a great fit for me. Her experience, fluency in English and grasp of the issues faced by the Expat community has helped me in adjusting to life in Argentina as well as a muli-cultural relationship. She is readily available online or telephone when I cannot meet in person. It has never been a problem meeting her in her office as she is only a couple of blocks away from China Town in the Belgrano Barrio.

She can be reached at [email protected].

Good luck

I also see her from a recommendation from JHB and she has helped me very much.

As a psychologist I would be interested in hearing more about what the average rate per hour is if people are willing to share. and if this differs whether it is a local or expat psychologist. Also are most people able to use their health insurance to pay for therapy?

Hi! I am a fully bilingual and bicultural psychologist living in Buenos Aires.

I am a licensed psychologist from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) and also have a degree in Comparative Literature from Brown University.

My office is located on Lavalle, between Mario Bravo and Bulnes.

Please feel free to contact me at:
[email protected]

or to find out more about me and the services y offer visit:

http://psychologistbuenosaires.com

ChayaColeena said:
I also need a Psychologist. Having now lived in Buenos Aires for 18 months I feel that there must be something wrong with me since I don't have a psychologist. I have no depression. No relationship issues. I find it easy to make friends as well as even though I don't speak Spanish I have no problems dealing with local cultural differences and social as well as business interaction. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me since I can find no need to have a therapist or counselor in this City of the most people in therapy on he Globe

Since you are new to this forum I would give it a few months of reading the threads and then you will come to find that you are needing to see someone here too.

I am both an Executive Coach and Psychotherapist. My wife is from Argentina. I am in the process of moving later this year to BA. I am currently available for online and or phone counseling or coaching. If interested, I can be contacted at [email protected]

My website is newtoncounselingcenter.com

I am in BA this week, working towards getting set up there if you wanted to meet.

David

I am both an Executive Coach and Psychotherapist. My wife is from Argentina. I am in the process of moving later this year to BA. I am currently available for online and or phone counseling or coaching. If interested, I can be contacted at [email protected]

My website is newtoncounselingcenter.com

I am in BA this week, working towards getting set up there if you wanted to meet.

David

Back