Does Dr. Pepper exist in Argentina?

i know this is an old topic but i remember finding dr pepper in jumbo once in their imported section. this was 2 years ago now though.

Anyone seen dr pepper around recently?

The only places I can think of that MAY have some are either Jumbo or Walmart since they usually have the biggest selections of imported stuff, Walmart more than Jumbo, been trying to go see if they have some Dr Pepper but couldn't find the time.
Been working on Puerto Madero the last few weeks and found a small drugstore with a lot of imported foods and drinks but couldn't find some Dr Pepper though, I believe they probably do change their selection of things since they had a lot of imported beer and some imported soft drinks. I can't imagine why if they import soft drinks they wouldn't bring some Dr Pepper, I'll probably keep on checking and give an update if I do find it.

There is no doctor pepper in BA... I've been looking for root-beer and other off-the-beaten-track food products here for almost 10 years and can assure you that it just doesn't exist.
The soft drinks available here (Coke, Sprite, Fanta, etc) aren't imported, but manufactured in Argentina. I think that selection is limited because there is just no demand for new products...people are happy with what they have and aren't so willing to try new things. Import restrictions don't help (though I can't for the life of me work out how those el paso Mexican products, Twinnings tea, Lindt chocolate get through and so much other stuff just doesn't).
A version of root-beer is available, however, in Barrio chino. I think it's from Taiwan and it's called something like Ho-Chin Sasparilla - its in a crimson/brownish coloured can. Its not an exact match (less sweet, slightly more bitter) but desperate times...

I've been trying to find root beer and Dr. Pepper as well for curious friends, but no luck yet. The taste is impossible to describe.

I live in the US most of the year. Specifically, the barren wasteland of West Texas. However, this part of the country does have one thing going for it--Dublin Doctor Pepper. Most soft drinks are made from high fructose corn syrup sweetener these days. The purists from Dublin still make it from the original formula, with pure cane sugar.

Drinking a regular Dr Pepper after trying a Dublin DP is like drinking a non-alcohol beer after a hand crafted lager.

I would love to apply for a license to bottle the stuff in BA, but I have read too many horror stories about the trials and tribulations of starting a business in Argentina.

Salud...

what about mountain dew? I know that it used to exist here because I've seen old photos of calle florida with a big mountain dew advertisement, but i can't find it anywhere here now.

dr__dawggy said:
Most soft drinks are made from high fructose corn syrup sweetener these days. The purists from Dublin still make it from the original formula, with pure cane sugar.

Only in the USA. That's because the US government places high tariffs on imported sugar (since 1977), effectively doubling the price of sugar in the US market compared to the world price, and so the major soft-drinks manufacturers switched from sugar to HFCS in 1984. That it's arguably even more dangerous than sugar is something the US government doesn't give a rat's a$$ about.

Back