Does Personal Suck?

steveinba

Registered
My phone (about 1 month old) suddenly stopped sending out text messages for no apparent reason. This same thing recently happened to one of my roommates.

I don't know if it is a hardware issue or a problem with Personal. I do prepay with a Nokia phone I bought brand new a month ago. Anyone have a similar experience?

Damn, the same thing happened on my Personal...It's been driving me crazy. Last month I bought a $10 SMS card and was only able to send about 3 messages before the "service" stopped working (again). What really drives me nuts is that there's a "sell by" date on credits, as any credits unused are withdrawn after a month. To test my sms service, I guess I would need to buy another $10 sms card. I really can't see the point of shelling out in the vain hope of..well, you get the drift. I'm basically being forced to use voice. Or change to another operator.

Can you do this without changing your number? Anybody?

All of them do, Claro is worse, and dealing with Telefonica shortened my lifespan.

seeker, what did you do about it? buy another phone? just live without being able to send texts?

Did you guys buy the SIM card in Personal branches or well established businesses? Just asking, because many places sell duplicate SIM cards...you then buy the prepay card and someone else uses your credit.

...and no, Locutorios are not to be trusted either for buying SIM cards...

I bought it in a big, trusted store. Also, The issue is not that I am out of funds, but rather that when I send texts, they are not being received. I am able to place calls, however.

And it worked fine for a month and suddenly no one is receiving my texts. I can't even add more funds by text, because personal doesn't receive them.

Personal sucks as any cell. company in this Country. Thinking that I was paying u$s 49.50 a month with Virgin Mobile in the US for local and Nationwide calls, 24x7 makes me wonder how are we being ripped off here. Maybe with the next administration... Ouch, I forgot about Murphy's law! I forgot that to CFK, carrying a cell. phone is a luxury...

steveinba said:
I bought it in a big, trusted store. Also, The issue is not that I am out of funds, but rather that when I send texts, they are not being received. I am able to place calls, however.

I don't know what to say then...

Seems like you´ll have to go to a Personal shop or stand and ask them. Good luck.

Back