Dog boarding

mmoon

Registered
I'm leaving the country for a few weeks and need a place to board my dog. I don't want some sad kennel where the dogs are confined and only let out for short walks. Ideally, I would like a place outside of the city where the dogs have a fenced area where they can run around most of the day. Does anyone have a place they can recommend? Thanks for the help.

I have been looking into the same thing. In the end, I will have friends look after my puppy while I am out of town, because I only found one place like you describe. I actually searched this site and came up with Jim Anderson of PetsVentura (www.petsventura.com). He is out in San Isidro, and his service sounds exceptional, but I am not in the position to pay his prices (US 23/day) for boarding. If you have the budget, I recommend contacting him. He was very responsive, has many good reviews on this site, and I would have boarded mine with him had I been able to come up with the money. The other places I found through my Argentine social network ended up crating them for 12 hours at night and had them in a small patio during the day.

Please let us know what you find out!

DogOnBoard.jpg

We used Las Lunas to help us clear our dog through customs and they were excellent. Very professional and responsive. We have not used them for boarding yet.

www.las-lunas.com.ar

The following was highly recommended to us by a porteno who boards here dog here. We have not had the need to try them yet.

http://www.lachacrademamita.com.ar/We would be very interested in any first hand experiences with any other place as well.

Dwight

Back