Dogs On Planes

On American Airlines you can fly with your dog under the seat.

Actually on Anerican, you CAN NOT!!! Unless they changed the rules in the last year. On INTERNATIONAL flights to BA the only airlines that I know for sure allow this (with advance reservation only two pets in the whole cabin and only in economy) are DELTA (which is VERY pet friendly...even have a special check in counter for people traveling with pets in Atlanta, their hub) and UNITED. American only allows pets in the cabin with a note signed by an MD specifically stating the animal is "an emotional assistance pet"...no ifs and or buts. I showed up at Ezieza with a paper that said she was a therapy dog and was not allowed to board. PLEASE someone correct me if they have changed their policy. I would be very happy to hear that! Remember domestic and international rules can be different...
That aside, when returning to BA with my little dog and three suitcases everyone was VERY helpful and wheeled my cart right past customs with the doggie atop after stopping at SENASA.

My friend visited from NYC about two weeks ago and flew on American Airlines with her dog under her seat.

That's great.! But did she have to give them that special note? I will be soo happy if they changed that requirement. But I don't want anyone stuck at the airport as I was because of un intended mis-information! Could you please find out from her? Maybe she knew about that and provided them with a better doctors note than I did.Thanks so much! (I still remember that day with horror!)

I'm not sure if she had to provide a special note, but she did have to present a cerificate of health.

Back