Dogs to Uruguay?

SaraSara said:
I don't know, but would guess that depends on who's on duty that day, and what side of the bed they got out of that morning. Perhaps you could try walking into the cabin without calling attention to the dog, and sitting as near to the door as possible.

You may get lucky - people here often view small cute dogs as stuffed toys, not animals. My small white fluffy cockapoo gets the royal treatment even in hotels where pets are not accepted.

So true about the toy comparison. It's why one of the hardest things to get used to here are the people with small (and large) dogs who don't feel that they need to have any regard for their neighbors by allowing the dogs to bark all the time. As a dog trainer, I tell people all the time that not only is training a dog very easy, getting a dog to stop barking is the easiest task.

Thanks for the info.

Leads me to another thought...

So if a ticket on Buquebus on one of the faster boats (2 hours) costs $180+$120 for the return, it's a $300AR cost. Meanwhile, isnt' the fee for overstaying a tourist visa $300 pesos? If so, then we're talking about the same cost but 1 option requires saving 10 or so hours or ones time.

From what I've read here, the fee for overstaying a visa is now three hundred pesos, regardless of whether one overstays it by a day or by a year.

So I wouldn't bother doing visa runs to Colonia - not only is the ferry expensive, but everything in Colonia is sky-high.

Back