Dollar Blue And Argentine Bank Accounts Used Abroad

Would you take Western Union?

Yes, in fact since I operate worldwide (I've got many clients), I can take money from anywhere, anytime, in any form... No problem. I'm a pro!

For Western Union payments though, our business center in Central Africa is your point of contact. We have developed a network in Nigeria with the highest authorities (Dr. Okambe Mugamba who was Minister of Justice for example. He unfortunately died not long ago and his inheritance -amounting to 24 million dollars- is blocked on a Taiwanese account. We are looking right now for anyone who has a bank account to receive that money, the commission amounts to 15%, that's 3.6 million dollars. In order to get that commission, a few fees need to be paid. Contact me for more details).

With the 35% tax It ends up being a 10% discount which isn't much; you can only claim back that 35% if you have a job and are on the books in Argentina, in which case how would you have so much time to travel to the states or other countries? BUt if your situation is to travel back and forth a lot (that's costly but maybe that's your situation) then yes you can get 10% off your purchases but how much are you planning to buy to save that much using your Argy debit card? And if you are a resident here and you come back to live (or just to put more money in your bank account so you can go back abroad and get your 10% discount) then you risk having customs see all these products that you have been purchasing with your 10% discount and charging you 50% duty. Makes no sense. It's great for Argies who travel abroad to get a slight discount on the blue rate but even "dolar tarjeta" only makes their pesos worth 11~$1usd. The glory days of no AFIP 20-35% were a very brief period in 2013 where this was useful, especially for Argies working in other countries and buying already cheap and/or high quality goods at a 30% discount because they could pay it off with dollars they brought back and sold in blue.

It's over, you're too late.

:) On top of the 35%, there are also transaction fees for charging a credit card (starting with 2.75%) and then the infrastructure costs (e.g., a service that lets you receive your payment) which can be anywhere from 5-15%. When the government decided on the 35% tax, that was a well calculated number to minimize this loophole!

Back