Dollar Blue And Argentine Bank Accounts Used Abroad

erictravels

Registered
Expat Community,

During my last visit to BsAs, I discovered through word of mouth that having a bank card from an Argentine bank is one way that citizens get around the dollar restrictions while traveling abroad and that the transactions are leveraged with an automatic tax of 20%. It occurred to me any expat with such an account who brings in a good amount of USD and deposits their dollar blue pesos has already won the exchange rate by approximately 40% and if that if this is the case, 20% is only annoying to someone who goes back to the U.S. and uses a bank card to get a 20% discount on everything they purchase. So, if I thought of this, someone else has too and I'm sure the Argentine government has something in place to mitigate a thinking person from getting over on their currency disadvantages.
  • Is this 20% rate true?
  • Is there a coined name for such a loophole?
  • What--if anything beyond the geographic distance between the U.S. and Argentina--stops a person from doing this?
  • When a pensionista puts money in their respective Peso accounts, do they need to prove that they got their pesos at the official rate?
  • Does the bank keep a tight grip on foreign transactions?

Curious about the steps in this tango and if the government has their ways of cutting in.

Better yet you go to Miami with your CC and MERCHANTS will invoice you for products but give your cash back instead for 5 % commission. so the margin is nominal. Thus you are not stuck with products. . Until the local IRS will wants to know the source of your income?

Bznco Macri can open a debit accounts for SSA beneficiaries, they receive the US and convert the funds at the official rate to your account. Not a Good Deal...!

apart from the 35% tax , use of the cc abroad raises flags with the tax authorities.

tax inspection almost guaranteed...

Expat Community,

During my last visit to BsAs, I discovered through word of mouth that having a bank card from an Argentine bank is one way that citizens get around the dollar restrictions while traveling abroad and that the transactions are leveraged with an automatic tax of 20%. It occurred to me any expat with such an account who brings in a good amount of USD and deposits their dollar blue pesos has already won the exchange rate by approximately 40% and if that if this is the case, 20% is only annoying to someone who goes back to the U.S. and uses a bank card to get a 20% discount on everything they purchase. So, if I thought of this, someone else has too and I'm sure the Argentine government has something in place to mitigate a thinking person from getting over on their currency disadvantages.
  • Is this 20% rate true?
  • Is there a coined name for such a loophole?
  • What--if anything beyond the geographic distance between the U.S. and Argentina--stops a person from doing this?
  • When a pensionista puts money in their respective Peso accounts, do they need to prove that they got their pesos at the official rate?
  • Does the bank keep a tight grip on foreign transactions?
Curious about the steps in this tango and if the government has their ways of cutting in.

Yop, it's possible but that's tricky.

As a matter of fact, I found a way to profit from the difficult situation Argentina is in. You can become rich really quickly.

My method costs a mere 1.000 USD which is peanuts considering the huge profits you can make.

Contact me privately for more details (Anticipated payment is required of course, I invested a lot in R&D).

As a matter of fact, I found a way to profit from the difficult situation Argentina is in. You can become rich really quickly.

My method costs a mere 1.000 USD which is peanuts considering the huge profits you can make.

Contact me privately for more details (Anticipated payment is required of course, I invested a lot in R&D).
I took Frenchie's class and now I'm living the good life that I never thought was possible. Riches as far as the eye can see. This is the house I just recently purchased using Frenchies' Road to Wealth via The Blue Dollar course:

embajada-francia-buenos-aires.jpg

I took Frenchie's class and now I'm living the good life that I never thought was possible. Riches as far as the eye can see. This is the house I just recently purchased using Frenchies' Road to Wealth via The Blue Dollar course:

embajada-francia-buenos-aires.jpg

Joe, following up about our discussion about Luciana S. since she broke up. She just can't stalk you like that.
We, Men, should stand united.

Would you take Western Union?

Back