Dollar controls getting stricter

Hi guys. So I was out travelling outside (escaping from) Buenos Aires. You gotta love the South of Argentina. Don't you?

About my comment about Lucas, well I did feel attacked on almost all of his comments and I still don't understand the "let me show the foreigners how it works" attitude but I do understand it's a common treat of Argentine people.

:) I don't want to appear rude but I don't want to feel attacked and in the position of "if you don't like it, leave it" either because to me that is called xenophobia. We should (and for the most part I myself) be able to live with each other, no matter where do you come from, or what your opinions are. Pointing at the door each time someone does not agree with you is just not cool.

Argentina is not my first country where I lived outside home; it's just been the one where I end up talking about "races" and "nationalism" the most.

it's just been the one where I end up talking about "races"
If you are talking a lot about race in Argentina, you are doing something wrong (really, who cares for a concept that even does not exist).

marksoc said:
If you are talking a lot about race in Argentina, you are doing something wrong (really, who cares for a concept that even does not exist).

What?!?!

I sat next to a guy with very "Northern/Northwestern European looks" in his late 40s when I was riding a bus earlier this week or late last week. Anyway, he was looking at a map of Southern France when the bus driver had to slam on the breaks because a taxi stopped quickly in front of him.

The first thing out of the guy next to me's mouth was "Raices de mierda!"

He was wearing a suit that seemed to be a bit worn at the cuffs and I couldn't see cuffs from his shirt poking out of them, so I'm guessing that he wasn't wearing a proper long-sleeved shirt.

Basically, he was attempting to dress with a bit of sophistication, but you could tell that he know longer was a man of means. (If ever.) Yet he was absolutely Argentine and the first words out of his mouth when something seemed to be a little out of order were "Raices de mierda!"

So I wouldn't say that if Waldo is discussing "races" then he is doing something wrong. I'd say that he's just out and about in the city.

Back