Dollar Exchange Question

For what it's worth, the going rate for Argentine pesos at Pucón exchange houses today is 8.1. Not the blue rate, but not that bad either.

I wonder when the day will be that it will take 20 Rocas to make a Benjamin. In a way if all the largest denomination notes in the world were so "small", transporting illegal money would be much more complicated.

For 20s I got 9.2 Tuesday. Try the supermercados chinos. Ask if you buy something (small) with your US dollars what rate will they give you as your change....
For what it's worth, the going rate for Argentine pesos at Pucón exchange houses today is 8.1. Not the blue rate, but not that bad either.

This means $8.1 pesos per dollar....you can buy a dollar for $8.1 pesos argentinos?. Will go to Pucon asap

Wow..........You guys are getting screwed, big time. Your loosing over 15%. The published Blue Rate is 9.8 today.

Yesterday & today & got 9.5 Pesos for a dollar. The rate has been here for a week.

If you want to sell me dollars for 8.1, I'll take all you have.

You should get a little less than the published Blue Rate
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
ambito.com = [/background]

dolarpeso.com = [/background]

dolarblue.net =[/background]

preciodolarblue.com.ar[/background]

The "professional" exchange places never pay top dollar for anything less than almost perfect $100s. You'll get a slightly less than top blue but BETTER than contando con liqui rate for 20s. Even for perfect Ben Franklins the cuevas still take a fraction as their feel.published prices are a guide, not a rule!

This means $8.1 pesos per dollar....you can buy a dollar for $8.1 pesos argentinos?. Will go to Pucon asap

No, I don't think it works the other way. A friend with a travel agency here told me all the Israeli backpackers are buying up dollars to take to Argentina.

No, I don't think it works the other way. A friend with a travel agency here told me all the Israeli backpackers are buying up dollars to take to Argentina.
Your dollar prices in Pucon..... based on hearsay from backpackers.....!! totally confusing....?? What is 8.1 pesos per dollar? Pesos Chilenos....jajjaj Be serious--- :D

Your dollar prices in Pucon..... based on hearsay from backpackers.....!! totally confusing....?? What is 8.1 pesos per dollar? Pesos Chilenos....jajjaj Be serious--- :D

I specifically asked at an exchange house, but my friend also told me that the Israelis were withdrawing Chilean pesos from ATMs and then buying dollars for Argentina. ATMs here do not dispense dollars directly.

Something slightly related: Anyone got experience with the Euro Blue rates of your cueva matching the number on dolarblue.net. For example, a few days ago a guy i know offered me 9.45 on the dollar and 12.10 on the euro. Looking at dolarblue.net, the dollar rate seems very good while the euro rate seems terrible..

Back