Dollar Savings

goodboyjakey

Registered
I was having an argument with my friend about being able to open a dollar savings account. She insisted that it was now allowed to which I disagreed.
I thought the only 'dollar clamp ' restriction that had been lifted was on the ability to buy dollars for foreign travel.

you can buy dollars for saving "tendencia de moneda extranjero" via the AFIP website too. Same screen buy your travel money. should be 2 options, you need a CUiL and to have done the tramite to register for your clave fiscal.

once you buy your dollars (can buy euros too) you have 2 options. Collect 80% in cash from yr bank and leave 20% to claim at the end of the financial year or take 100% deposited to an account were you can only withdraw after 1 yr. I dont know if anyone would trust the banks or govt or future exchange rate sufficiently to "look after" that money for a year and then allow them to withdraw in dollars. Never heard of anyone selecting the latter option. If you did select it tho, i suppose they have to credit a USD locally held bank sccount? not sure.

ps...availing of either option makes you a vulture apparently.

you can buy dollars for saving "tendencia de moneda extranjero" via the AFIP website too. Same screen buy your travel money. should be 2 options, you need a CUiL and to have done the tramite to register for your clave fiscal.

once you buy your dollars (can buy euros too) you have 2 options. Collect 80% in cash from yr bank and leave 20% to claim at the end of the financial year or take 100% deposited to an account were you can only withdraw after 1 yr. I dont know if anyone would trust the banks or govt or future exchange rate sufficiently to "look after" that money for a year and then allow them to withdraw in dollars. Never heard of anyone selecting the latter option. If you did select it tho, i suppose they have to credit a USD locally held bank sccount? not sure.

Only vultures would want to prevent the government from confiscating their savings when more important matters beckon.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the only way to be authorized to buy dollars is if you have a registered full time job on the books (en blanco) as they call it here. The minimum income requirement is $7200 per month, and you are allowed to buy 20% of your monthly income in pesos, in dollars, with a maximum of $2000 USD per month. So if you earn $7200 per month in pesos, you would be authorized to buy $1440 pesos worth of USD at the official rate plus 20% which would be around $9,95 pesos per dollar. That comes out to a grand total of about $145 USD to you. Thanks Cristina!!

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the only way to be authorized to buy dollars is if you have a registered full time job on the books (en blanco) as they call it here. The minimum income requirement is $7200 per month, and you are allowed to buy 20% of your monthly income in pesos, in dollars, with a maximum of $2000 USD per month. So if you earn $7200 per month in pesos, you would be authorized to buy $1440 pesos worth of USD at the official rate plus 20% which would be around $9,95 pesos per dollar. That comes out to a grand total of about $145 USD to you. Thanks Cristina!!

If you earn 7200 per month i suspect buying dollars wont be your primary concern! I wasnt aware of the figures as I have never seen them published.

According to LN, it's not any easier nowadays.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1715833-bloqueo-la-afip-la-venta-de-dolares-a-los-monotributistas

Yea, I thought I had heard recently they stopped allowing this deal.
I'm starting to lose track between dolar blue, dolar de ahorro, dolar turista, airplane ticket tax, credit card tax %, etc etc.

The recent tightening of the rules applies to monotributistas, a special tax category of self employed. If you're a normal peso slave you can still get your dirty vulture claws on them. :lol:

Back