Dollar sniffing dogs waiting for you on the way out.

I wonder what these puppies would sniff out if they were taken down south to her Majesty's hotels....or la casa rosada?

nikad said:
Well, I want to know how these puppies will be able to tell that you carry 400 bucks or 40k... does it smell stronger??? ;)

Good question...and I also wonder how these little cute puppies can detect if the funds have been declared or not? Like someone said..."le enchufaron un cablecito en el traste para que el perrito este 'online'. " :)

i think this is a huge "scare tactic" with a lot of press behind it to make people think twice about taking their USD's away over the holidays.

get 300 cute dogs who couldn't tell the difference between a USD and an IOU hand written note, dress them in AFIP vests and make a press release.

result: 15-20% less money being taken out just on the off chance these dogs really did master this trick.

notebook.fix said:
Good question...and I also wonder how these little cute puppies can detect if the funds have been declared or not? Like someone said..."le enchufaron un cablecito en el traste para que el perrito este 'online'. " :)

Start with a google search: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detection_dog

Dogs can be trained to detect many things, even low or high blood sugar just by smelling human breath.

It doesn't make any difference to the dog if the cash as been declared.

It's up to the customs officials to count the money to see if it exceeds legal limits.

Back