Dollar Up

Predicting short term currency moves is akin to fortune telling... Yes it will depreciate, when and by how much is the big unknown. If you have access to dollars the best strategy is to sell as you need rather than try and time moves.

Dólar Blue: Compra $20.15 Venta $20.7
06/03/2018 - 16:05 (Oficial: 20.610)

the dollar is way undervalued. It's more expensive now than it was under Kirchner in 2015. With the blue rate you could still live OK at that time. Right now a steak dinner runs you like $30 at a mid-range parrilla and a breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, coffee and water is like $25 (wtf??). Prices are just ridiculous. Based on previous prices in Argentina the dollar should be at least at like 50-60 pesos right now.

Anyone know exactly how they're artificially keeping the dollar so low?

the dollar is way undervalued. It's more expensive now than it was under Kirchner in 2015. With the blue rate you could still live OK at that time. Right now a steak dinner runs you like $30 at a mid-range parrilla and a breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, coffee and water is like $25 (wtf??). Prices are just ridiculous. Based on previous prices in Argentina the dollar should be at least at like 50-60 pesos right now.

Lets pray all together using the Power of Prayer.... ! May God hear US.
Your message is very Clear should Go out for dinner instead of Breakfast...:rolleyes:

Lets pray all together using the Power of Prayer.... ! May God hear US.
Your message is very Clear should Go out for dinner instead of Breakfast...:rolleyes:

Dinner also unacceptable, I mean I'm paying $30-$40 for the same dinner (less actually) that I was paying $10-$12 for in 2010

I don't know about 50 0r 60 , but based on the traditional exchange in argentina , the dollar should be closer to the 30 peso mark(3 to 1 ) or 3 million to 1 , or 300k to 1 depending on what year you base your exchange and what was the money denomination at that time.
One of the tings that stayed pretty much constant except for short bursts of hiper inflation is the liter of gasoline, 1 liter of gas , 1 dollar, as per today's fuel prices the dollar is a little behind, but i would keep my eye on that, it is my experience they will level off at some point in the near future, perhaps not all at once , but over the years that constant hardly ever changed, we might see a dollar reaching the 25 peso mark before the fuel prices go up again, narrowing the gap between the dollar and the liter of gasoline.....
That's my 2 millions cents....:confused:

I'm just basing it on things I used to pay for before...I'm paying 2x-3x as much now...

One must adjust to the Times... like instead of the steak dinner go to the Chino buffet by weight eat there ... for less than $80 pesos....!

Very easy. Central Bank employs the technique called 'dirty flotation'.

Back