dollars

steveinbsas said:
If anyone who has a Charles Schwab account wants to trade their pesos (less than 10,000) for dollars (prior to leaving the country) at a reasonable rate, please let me know via PM.

Why Schwab? Is there some kind of benefit to having a Schwab account. (Just curious.)

TERKILD said:
I only deal with the chinese when i do diamond trades.....

I read Howard Marks book Mr Nice and in it he said he discovered that he could send money from one country to another through Chinese supermarkets and for a small percentage the money would arrive no problem at all.

I always wondered if that was true for anywhere in the world.

Thanks everyone for the help. I´m going to try calling the banks in the US and see what they say. I went to the Banco Central and they said they weren´t accepting any transfers to the US (though, I hadn´t heard about the paypal method). Good luck everyone..!

TERKILD said:
Gonna open a schwab account just for that trade.....:)

It's really simple. Deposit pesos into my Argentine bank acount and I will transfer the dollars into your US account from my Schwabc account to yours.

If you have any doubts you can buy something from me on mercado libre.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/_CustId_52441848

I've been on ebay since 2000 and mercado libre since 2008.

My feedback on both is 100% positive.

ghuesca said:
Thanks everyone for the help. I´m going to try calling the banks in the US and see what they say. I went to the Banco Central and they said they weren´t accepting any transfers to the US (though, I hadn´t heard about the paypal method). Good luck everyone..!

Next thread will be: How do I get good calling rates from Argentina to US.......haha

steveinbsas said:
It's really simple. Deposit pesos into my Argentine bank acount and I will transfer the dollars into your US account from my Schwabc account to yours.

If you have any doubts you can buy something from me on mercado libre.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/_CustId_52441848

I've been on ebay since 2000 and mercado libre since 2008.

My feedback on both is 100% positive.

Steve, I trust you, what rate are you giving for pesos?

I hope the original poster was able to exchange their pesos... even if it was a rate that was less than favorable. In desperation you can't be too picky. The "official" rate might as well be called the "VIP access only" with all its restrictions... so it's not the best guide. :p

I don't mean to poke fun, but a desperate plea for dollars ending with "If you have dollars, DONT CHANGE THEM" is somewhat ironic. :) I do admire the honesty, though. I would rather sell for 6 than try my luck with American banks... nobody overseas wants pesos.

el_expatriado said:
Why Schwab? Is there some kind of benefit to having a Schwab account. (Just curious.)

They refund all foreign ATM fees and they have the best CSR's in the world.

Back