Don't see a "Rentista" visa at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores

mlee

Registered
I cannot find a "Rentista" visa at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores.

Is it the Visa Para Personal Trasladado (Visa for Expatriate Staff)? There is also the Visa Por Nacionalidad. If it is one of these, don't see an income verification requirement there as I've read elsewhere is required by the rentista visa. I can meet the pension requirements, but I wonder if whichever is the "rentista" visa is the best visa for my situation. US citizen living in Colombia with Colombian wife.

My wife and I will be coming to Buenos Aires for her year long university sabbatical. Starts in mid-June and with traveI I can easily make my presence over each calendar year less than 180 days, which I've read is advantageous for tax purposes.

Then there is my Colombian wife's visa.
The Colombian embassy stated she could apply for a Mercosur Visa or a Visa Por Nacionalidad. The Mercosur seems to be a visa for "sister" countries with benefits of ease of travel. But the requirements are more onerous than the Visa Por Nacionalidad.

I want to do this right, not find out months after traveling to the Argentine embassy in Bogota that one or both of us should have applied for a different visa.

Thank you! I have to examine this closer: Permiso de Ingreso temporario como rentista y pensionado. Up to 3 years.

This no is a visa. And not sure I need it if I'm in the country for less than 180 days per year.

Or it is a visa, but is referred to as multiple documents, permit, entry permit... Is confusing as to to whether I need to apply to only one or both the Dirección Nacional de Migraciones and the Embassy in country of residence for one of the visas listed there. Seems two agencies complement or overlap.

Back