Donuts In Ba!

k-bigpic.jpg
Introducing "The Cronut" ... the new trend that is making NY'ers wait in line for ages to get one. [hybrid of a croissant and a donut]

What a let down. I guess they're not so magic.

They are not even close. I prefer Dunkin' Donuts to krispie kreme though...Dunkin' are more cakey. They do have donuts in some panaderias with the facturas. They are common, usually only stuffed with dulce de leche of course.

Ok guys, were you trying to make me hungry?? Mission accomplished. Maybe it's up to one of us to open a donut shop here. Put a big sign with a picture of Homer Simpson and I bet it would launch with flying colors. And put up a house of pies while you're at it please.
OMG house of pies! yum! Tried it when I was in Houston visiting my sister. Amazing!

At first I thought there must be Canadians here with the donut talk, but no mention of Tim Hortons. Must just be expat stoners :)

There used to be 10 Dunkin Donuts stores in Buenos Aires back in the 90s, but they went out of business. I guess they were doing pretty bad as at some point they started selling concert tickets. The only memory I have at a Dunkin Donuts in BA is being there to buy a ticket for an Alanis Morissette concert.

There were a lot, I remember at least 4, but they were more, and at the begining they were a total success, I was a big fan. The same happened with Pizza Hut.

I can understand why Pizza Slut failed; a full loaf of bread with cheese and sauce on top soaked in grease.

I can only imagine why Dunkin' Donuts failed:
Argentine: Hi! Do you have donuts with dulce de letche?
DD employee: Um, no. We have vanilla glazed, chocolate glazed, sugar creme, boston creme filled, jelly, powdered sugar, cinnamon, sugar raised, blueberry, strawberry, chocolate, and a couple of others.
Argentine: Ok, but no dulce de letche?

dunkin donuts has a presence in 30 countries around the world including latin America.. however the closest store to you is in Colombia.. perhaps due to the coffee there.. they have been serving clients internationally for over 40 years. Perhaps we should open a franchise here next to baexpats international office. Just an idea.. -- How do they compare to Starbucks?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BairesFlet Expat Life 2
BairesFlet Food and Drink 4
B Food and Drink 0
StuckLikeGlue Expat Life 20
Back