Drug Addiction As A Public Health/social Issue.

Noesdeayer

Registered
I will further research the Argentine modus operandi.However,in New York State at least,once addiction is medically verified,financial and medical care are given through N.Y. State SSI (Social Security Insurance) benifits.
Riker's Island : There exists KEEP ( Key Extended Entry Program ) which works with methadone. Riker's has been under fire lately accussed of poor mamaagement and mistratment of prisioners.
My sister who works with some addicts remarked how difficult it is to treat addicts because they are so manipulative.
Re: Argentina the only evidence I have at this moment is a letter to La Nacion from a reader in Mar del Plata who complains about there being only one qualified psychiatrist at the drug treatment center there.This was yesterday 2/09.The same day they ran an editorial expalaining Macri's war on drugs program and the shooting down of unidentified aircraft in Argentina.

Where addiction is concerned this is a dark corner of the world. Had some friends with a daughter who had a problem I could only find one qualified rehabilitation institution. You get addicted down here and the ways and means of getting of it are very limited. Sad but true.

L.E.A.D.Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion Program in Seattle.
Can any posters who know about this program to combat drug addiction and prostitution in Seattle please comment?
Thanks in advance.

Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are all anyone so afflicted needs. Both are widely available in Buenos Aires, the former also available in English. Information is available online.

AA works great.
For at most 10% of the people who try it.
I have friends whose lives were saved by AA.
And others who needed other types of programs, counselling, inpatient treatment, and some who just drank themselves to death.

To say its all anyone needs is just not true.

Its one approach, and it works for some.
It does not replace comprehensive public health programs, jobs training, housing programs, and other social services that have been shown to decrease addiction.

Are you needing info on a rehab places here in Argentina?
You can try:
http://www.aylen.org.ar/

Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are all anyone so afflicted needs. Both are widely available in Buenos Aires, the former also available in English. Information is available online.
I"ll be in Recoleta Feb 18...can you recommend a local English speaking meeting? AA or NA would be fine. Saw one on the AA website but seems it's moved around a bit and there's been no response from them to my emails. Thank you so much!!

Back