Duck?

NOLAchef

Registered
Hey y'all!

I'm looking to make some duck confit but haven't been able to find any duck. I've seen it at restaurants so it must be around, somewhere...

Has anyone seen ducks at mercado central or the Progresso market in Caballito? Anywhere else?

All info would be helpful, thanks!

Btw, I went to the organic market on Federico Lacroze y Corrientes this weekend and they had some pretty cool stuff....

Gracias!!

Yop, in the Barrio Chino. The one I bought once was too skinny though (wanted to cook duck magret/breast). And yes, quite expensive.

I saw duck last Sunday at the Jumbo in Palermo...It was in the end compartment of the frozen meats

The granjas here in Zona Sur will serve you up a fresh duck/turkey/hen/whatever you're looking for. Last time I went (about 3 months ago) a fresh duck ran about $100.

French jurist said:
Yop, in the Barrio Chino. The one I bought once was too skinny though (wanted to cook duck magret/breast). And yes, quite expensive.

2 kinds of duck at barrio chino. The one you wanted (and nola probably wants) is the pato criollo, the other duck is definitely not a lot of meat.

It was like 120 pesos last time I checked.

Those prices are outrageous, how many do you need and what kind ? My parents own an estancia that has a lake in it, and it's always jam packed with ducks , I wouldn't mind shooting a few of 'em down for ya for free if you truly are going to eat them :)

xtrasback said:
Those prices are outrageous, how many do you need and what kind ? My parents own an estancia that has a lake in it, and it's always jam packed with ducks , I wouldn't mind shooting a few of 'em down for ya for free if you truly are going to eat them :)

Will you clean them? If so, I'll be good for about 4 a month or 10 if a one time thing. Willing to pay for your troubles OR cook you an amazing duck dinner with a fantastic bottle of wine in exchange.

Phillip- It's funny, I was originally going to make an addendum to my previous post noting that even tho' I might be quick on the trigger I really do hate cleaning them (I know how and all but it just sucks) Appreciate the offer tho' but I don't do it for the money, I could perhaps ask our maid if she'd be willing to do it (?), let me get back to you on that one.

As a side note: I do not plan on profiting from this, It's just an offer I made for nola, lee, french and you so that u guys could have some decent duck without paying an arm and a leg for it that's all =)

Muy amable xtrasback!!!

If the maid agrees, I'll definitely be down for a few! Keep us posted!

Back