Easter goodies

David-

Not exactly "Easter related", but do you carry DOVE Dark Chocolate? Or the English equivalent? Or something on that level in the Dark Chocolate Realm?

My last bag of DDC from the States lasted less than 24 hours.

Thanks,

Nappy B

Sorry Napoleon, but Dove chocolate is not imported into Argentina.......there are other dark chocolates, but they don't exactly have the same taste as Dove.

Davidglen77 said:
there are other dark chocolates, but they don't exactly have the same taste as Dove.

If by "same taste as Dove", you mean-

(A) It's good, but you wouldn't mistakenly ask if this was Dove... That's fine.

but

(B) It's called "dark chocolate", but really it's pretty crappy.... Not-so-fine

Let me know if you carry "(A)".

Thanks

Hey Napoleon,

Like I said in my original answer "Dove chocolate is not imported into Argentina", and to be objective to both you and others, I also said "but they don't exactly have the same taste as Dove".

"Crappy" as you describe dark chocolate here, is subject to personal opinion. I never said what was sold here is better or worse than Dove.

I personally don't think Dove chocolate is all that great. It tastes okay but it's certainly not my first choice. I think the best tasting chocolate (that is mass produced) is Lindt. The finest chocolates of course are made in small batches by chocolate artesans and offered for sale at chocolate shops.

Thanks. I agree that Dove isn't the end all be all, but it's pretty good for mass produced. I used to eat some chocolate from Trader Joe's that came from Ecuador. The same brand also had some chocolate from Venezuela, but the Ecuadorean chocolate was slightly more bitter (as I've become over the years).

I've had some good Dark chocolate "imported" from Bariloche. Or so they claim, but it's still not great. Also, I've bought some Lindt in duty free in the past, but for me it's not as good. The bitterness isn't there and the additives don't melt in a way that I'd like.

I don't know the name of the company, but a former English roommate told me that there is a brand in England that is basically identical to Dove. (Probably the same parent company.) And then there are some other brands that you can get here. Even Hershey's makes a dark chocolate, but it's just not that great. (Don't know if Hershey's is found in the import section of Disco.)

Obviously I'm opinionated on the subject, but I'm willing to try stuff to find viable options. I've even found a place (near my old apartment) that sells Ecuadorean dark chocolate in bars, but it wasn't as good as the stuff I found at Trader Joe's. But even that stuff I used to buy at TJ's isn't sold by TJ's anymore.

Oh well, thanks.

If I find myself invited to an Easter Egg Hunt, I'll definitely make it out to your place.

Back