Easter Island

I went several years ago. I had then the choice due to flights of 2 nights or 5 nights. 2 nights was too little to travel so far but 5 was too much. I stayed at a small b&b and could cook myself. I went daily to the overpriced "supermarket " and bought what had arrived from mainland Chile. There is not too much to do..I'm glad I went but once was enough. Prices are high due to everything being imported.

The airfare with LATAM is over $US2500 RT? The return is via Auckland??

I was there couple of decades ago. Flew out of Santiago. If you have time to kill there's a cargo ferry that leaves several times a week from Valparaiso.
Had a great time. The island is in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Great for stargazing at night because there no light contamination. I wound up traveling with a Swiss guy that I met on the plane. Back then there was only one hotel in the island. But when we arrived all the locals come to the airport to "pick up" guest that they can convince them to stay with. The Big Heads are the only game in town. We tried to rent scooters to cover the whole island. But the scoters were all rented out. We had to settle for horses, I felt a little like Indiana Jones !!! but the Swiss guy had never been on a horse. That was a problem. It cramped by equestrian style to put it lightly.

Back