ebay selling from argentina

arty

Registered
Back in the USA I sold a ton of stuff on ebay. I was wondering about doing it down here; is it worth it? In the USA I could trust the post office to get my packages to where they needed to go. Would I need to use fedex/dhl here?

If anyone has any experience please reply or pm me. Thanks!

Your cost of shipping items to the US would be too high, I would think, at least for making individual shipments. You'd have to use DHL or FedEx or some other private company, in my opinion, to be certain of your shipments arriving on time or at all.

However, if you had someone in the US to partner with, I could see you sending decent-sized shipments (i.e., bulk) of items you will sell, storing them in the States and selling them from there. You'd have to figure out some way to share the labor with someone there and still be profitable as well.

Have you considered selling on MercadoLibre.com.ar here? It's like eBay - in fact, I think it may be owned by, or be a part of, eBay in some fashion.

I would rather sell stuff from here to people in the USA (or other places) I'll most likely stock up on stuff here for when I go back to the states and list like crazy when I am there.

arty said:
I would rather sell stuff from here to people in the USA (or other places) I'll most likely stock up on stuff here for when I go back to the states and list like crazy when I am there.

I think it depends on what kind of things you are looking to sell. Small things I think would work, but stay away from larger items.

Back