Economic realities post-coronavirus

It's going to be bad for Europe and the US so worse for Argentina , a lot worse.

For better or worse, Argentina is and will remain a rich country. It's a curse because even when we hit rock bottom, we can always count on greedy corrupt politicians to come up with creative ideas to line their pockets generously if not outrageously.
We are the Phoenix.
Most of our resources are renewable.
Also, if you are old enough, you have been a millionaire at times and a bum at other times. Having experienced all the stages of uncertainty in this rollercoaster of a society.
We do bounce back.
I remember back in 2001, having been screwed royally by the banks, to wonder if by the time it would be my turn to be a cartonero, i would be then a junior employee of those who were already experts in the trade. Wondered how would i convice my closest chino market to give me a helping hand just on my word of future payment.
I had my own odyssey returning from Pilar when the SHTF and it was total chaos.
We will not have luxuries for a long time, we will become self centered and likely more arrogant and with a false or faked sense of nationalism while this last.

But Argentina will overcome and prevail.

The saddest part is we will likely learn shit from this test. There will always be idjits that will choose to point fingers, raise fists and blame others rather than try to understand the lessons and their true scope.

Iz

"The saddest part is we will likely learn shit from this test. There will always be idjits that will choose to point fingers, raise fists and blame others rather than try to understand the lessons and their true scope."

It's always this way.

Argentinians are a curious breed. They live through endles crises, they complain, they grumble, and then bounce back with endless optimism. They can see the country going down, and remain hopeful for the future. Beats me how they manage to do that, but they do.

Uruguay is faring much better, and is often set as an example - a stable, orderly society, without the permanent state of chaos usual here. Yet, they are a strangely melancholic people with the second highest suicide rate in Latin America, after Guyana.

This puzzles me. Any ideas?

Not to worry. Alberto has everything under control--! He can print as much as he wants for social programs .. ! Also already told the FMI that Argentina can't pay a sou in the next five years. Kicking the Ball to the next President. If he's reelected?

What to worry about is the potential social unrest, hyperinflation and shortage of supplies...! A sort of Germany of the 30's .
They said prices would be controlled and speculators jailed...LOL Alcohol in gel quadrupled . 2 Pharmacies closed . Speculators all over the country.
Not enough jails for all the unscrupulous merchants..

Argentinians are a curious breed. They live through endles crises, they complain, they grumble, and then bounce back with endless optimism. They can see the country going down, and remain hopeful for the future. Beats me how they manage to do that, but they do.

Uruguay is faring much better, and is often set as an example - a stable, orderly society, without the permanent state of chaos usual here. Yet, they are a strangely melancholic people with the second highest suicide rate in Latin America, after Guyana.

This puzzles me. Any ideas?

Argentines aren't melancholic? Really?

Back