Economic realities post-coronavirus

Name one 'additional condition' included in the loan agreements then. Their conditions are if the loan is not repaid, not to even receive the loan in the frist place. Defending the IMF while living in Argentina should be illegal, especially as a foreigner.
I am not defending the IMF, and did not even mention them. I just said it is naive to think China won't have its own conditions too. And regarding the USA, couldn't agree more and like I said any country lending financially to another would want more than just money in return. Although, I don't know what the US has to do with it. No-one is saying Argentina should borrow from the US.

Name one 'additional condition' included in the loan agreements then. Their conditions are if the loan is not repaid, not to even receive the loan in the frist place. Defending the IMF while living in Argentina should be illegal, especially as a foreigner.

Mentioning that China uses loans to further their strategic interests and has seized infrastructure from developing countries for defaulting on loans is defending the IMF? LOL

Can anyone other than ventanilla himself understand his logic? Seems like this quarantine is affecting his brain.

Mentioning that China uses loans to further their strategic interests and has seized infrastructure from developing countries for defaulting on loans is defending the IMF? LOL

Can anyone other than ventanilla himself understand his logic? Seems like this quarantine is affecting his brain.

You're an American, your country does that except 50000x worse. Trust Americans to be in hysterics about China without realising that they're what they think China is for everyone in the world, and worse.

No one is in hysterics. You view everything through such an ideological prism that you can't see plain reality. That you believe China's loan program to developing countries is just about being paid back with no conditions is extremely naive and uninformed. It's not even something controversial or that the Chinese government is trying to hide or deny.

Of course the US government uses their economic and military power to over throw governments and secure access to infrastructure and resources. I'm not a major shareholder of Exxon Mobile, Lockheed Martin and/or government employee, why the hell would I defend them?

Both can be true...The Chinese and IMF member states are out for themselves not the good of the debtor country. There are financing options that don't involve borrowing from either.

No one is in hysterics. You view everything through such an ideological prism that you can't see plain reality. That you believe China's loan program to developing countries is just about being paid back with no conditions is extremely naive and uninformed. It's not even something controversial or that the Chinese government is trying to hide or deny.

Of course the US government uses their economic and military power to over throw governments and secure access to infrastructure and resources. I'm not a major shareholder of Exxon Mobile, Lockheed Martin and/or government employee, why the hell would I defend them?

Both can be true...The Chinese and IMF member states are out for themselves not the good of the debtor country. There are financing options that don't involve borrowing from either.
Excellent post. Be prepared for a replay along the lines of .... but the USA!

I am not sure why it needs to be one or the other. Either the IMF is bad or China is according to Ventanilla. Pick your poison I say because your going to be doing the diplomatic version of getting bent over regardless.

You talk about ideological prisms, yet you'd never say anything negative if another IMF backed dictatorship took over the country. In truth, you'd celebrate it.

China as the new hegemon will be infinitely better than the USA. No more invasions, no more coups. Of course American retirees think otherwise lol.

You talk about ideological prisms, yet you'd never say anything negative if another IMF backed dictatorship took over the country. In truth, you'd celebrate it.

China as the new hegemon will be infinitely better than the USA. No more invasions, no more coups. Of course American retirees think otherwise lol.

You're creating straw man arguments -

1. Semigoodlookin and I have rejected hegemony in all its forms by the IMF, USA, France, UK, China or any other group of elite economic interests.

2. He mentioned he was in his 30s in another thread, as am I. No, I haven't retired yet.

Where specifically do you get that we are American retirees who support military dictatorships and the IMF?

The only one in this thread defending hegemony is you. You are in support of the economic and military dominance of the Chinese billionaire class over the poor of the developing world. Absolutely disgusting the disdain you show towards the working class.

You're creating straw man arguments -

1. Semigoodlookin and I have rejected hegemony in all its forms by the IMF, USA, France, UK, China or any other group of elite economic interests.

2. He mentioned he was in his 30s in another thread, as am I. No, I haven't retired yet.

Where specifically do you get that we are American retirees who support military dictatorships and the IMF?

The only one in this thread defending hegemony is you. You are in support of the economic and military dominance of the Chinese billionaire class over the poor of the developing world. Absolutely disgusting the disdain you show towards the working class.
Weyland, trying to argue reasonably with Ventanilla is a waste of time . He does not have arguments - just a bag of assorted knee-jerk slogans, which he parrots at every opportunity. How can you take him/her seriously?

Back