Electric bill

Aztangogirl

Registered
Can anyone give me information about having to put your electric bill in your own name? My bill is still in the name of the lady who had my apartment before me. She is dead. Where do you go? Is this really necessary?

Timely. It looks like it really is about to become necessary. They are going to insist the that service be in the name of the actual occupant, at the risk otherwise of having the service cut off: https://www.perfil.com/noticias/eco...-servicios-de-la-luz-de-edenor-y-edesur.phtml

I think it’s in preparation for a move to start charging luz based on the occupant’s financial capacity to pay, a proposal I think I read the government is going to take to the IMF. How that would work in practice is anybody’s guess.

temporary airbnb rentals surely are not the issue here. if the light bill is in the owners name it should be fine

Can anyone give me information about having to put your electric bill in your own name? My bill is still in the name of the lady who had my apartment before me. She is dead. Where do you go? Is this really necessary?
you go here: https://www.edenordigital.com/. Go to Trámites -> new trámite -> cambio de titularidad. They want your dni in pdf for hoja A4, and some document that shows that you are either the owner or renting the place, which also needs to be PDF hoja A4. Then you send everything and they are supposed to get back to you in a couple of days. hope it helps!

There was a time that a name change on a bill had to be done in person at the offices of Edesur, MetroGas, AySA, and ABL with proof of ownership (escritura) of the property. I have copies of all the forms I received from each of them when I requested a name change.

Updating information with these services is now available online with the option of receiving the bills by email, thereby reducing paper usage. Not only do many bills delivered to my building have previous owners' names, but I'm the only one receiving virtual bills from Edesur and MetroGas.

It seems to me that it is more common for many residents to never bother to have their names on the bills, yet they pay them anyway. Even renters can change Edesur and MetroGas bills to their name. Edesur, MetroGas, and AySA are continually updating their sites for maximizing usage and encouraging users to help the environment by opting out of receiving bills delivered to the mail box rather than the inbox. Eventually, there will be no other option than virtual bills. As of three years ago or more, when property title is transferred to a new owner, the name is changed automatically.for the ABL bill.

Back