Electricity Bill

prettejohn

Registered
Dear Wise People

We've just received our first electricity bill from Edenor which says we have to pay it by Monday otherwise they'll cut the service.

What is the quickest way to pay a bill? I have the internet and credit cards but there doesn't seem to be a way via their website.

Thank you

You can log on to your banks website and find the part that says pay services. ( or something like that) and pay the bill. From there you'll be able to set up automatic bill pay if you want to.

There are some PagoFacil and Rapipagos that are open until 1pm. Check online which branches are open. Or you might be able to pay on-line via www.pagosmiscuentas.com

Brilliant! Thanks Philip. All done and dusted now. I feared I would have to get into a queue at the PagoFacil shop which I often see queued around the corner.

Brilliant! Thanks Philip. All done and dusted now. I feared I would have to get into a queue at the PagoFacil shop which I often see queued around the corner.

That's because Argentines love to stand in lines. Even if they don't know what the line is for, they'll get in it 'just in case'. I can't tell you how many people I know who could easily do what you just did, but choose to stand in line each month.

Glad it worked out.

Don't set up anything as automatic bill pay (unless you leave the country frequently and can't initiate payment online). WIth Edenor I guess it wouldn't be a problem but with anything else they can charge you for whatever (movistar keeps saying I owe 200 pesos for some promocion and when I write to them they say just to ignore it and pay the rest) and club la nacion is still charging us even though we have tried to cancel twice. BE CAREFUL WITH DIRECT DEBIT, IT CAN BE HARD TO CANCEL OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF/WHEN THEY MAKE MISTAKES!

Don't set up anything as automatic bill pay (unless you leave the country frequently and can't initiate payment online). WIth Edenor I guess it wouldn't be a problem but with anything else they can charge you for whatever (movistar keeps saying I owe 200 pesos for some promocion and when I write to them they say just to ignore it and pay the rest) and club la nacion is still charging us even though we have tried to cancel twice. BE CAREFUL WITH DIRECT DEBIT, IT CAN BE HARD TO CANCEL OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF/WHEN THEY MAKE MISTAKES!
I've never had a problem with my debito directo, the one time I disagreed with a charge from personal, they took the money off my next bill plus gave my a discount on the same for having cause the inconvenience.

With lanacion I've never tried to cancel so I haven't had that problem yet, in fact I've had the opposite. Try this: pay the rest of your bills in advanced then the day that lanacion is going to do the direct debit, temporarily move all your money from your checking to your saving or vice versa (most banks don't charge for those types of transactions) if lanacion can't do the debit they suspend the service and you have to pay with a different credit (not debit) card to get it set back up.

Back