Electric Dehydrator

arlean

Registered
Does anyone know if you can buy food dehydrators in Argentina? I would like for it to be a normal dehydrator with several trays, a fan and a thermostat so the temperature can be controlled. Are there such things available here?

I have two of them in the States but I don't know what customs would do to me here if I had them sent. If they're that much might be too expensive for me here but I'll check the links. Many thanks.

When I was growing up my grandmother dehydrated food in a convection oven with just the fan on and just the heat from the pilot. Havent seen any ovens in argentina with standing pilots though.

When I was growing up my grandmother dehydrated food in a convection oven with just the fan on and just the heat from the pilot. Havent seen any ovens in argentina with standing pilots though.
Perhaps some water heaters would generate enough heat to be useful?

An electric mini oven on low with the door ajar might do the trick too .I wrote gas and thought that it might not be the safest option after....

Many thanks for the comments. My dehydrators have a thermostat I can set the heat and . . . they work like an appliance should work. I checked the site from nyer4ever and indeed they are available here, even the same brand--and yes a fortune. My nine-tray dehydrator would cost $700! I'm going to have to figure out a way to get the ones I already own. Thanks again y'all! :)

Back