Electric Guitar Through Eze?

pitipur

Registered
Hey guys - anyone had any experience bringing in an electric guitar? Everyone's told me "they won't give you any problems since you're an american" but wondering if anyone had any first hand experience about this kind of thing? I'm not sure if they're still going to try to tax me since it's a larger item.

Thanks!

I went through a few years ago with all my instruments (banjo, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, bass). When I started to unload my cart they asked where I was from, and when I showed them my US passport they just waved me through and told me to enjoy my stay. Your mileage may vary as the general climate of imports seems more strict now. I would imagine there could be different treatment for very new instruments - mine were obviously road-worn. Anyway, best of luck!

thanks Eric! That's what I'm a bit worried about - that it will be a new instrument. Ah well, we'll see how it goes! Not even sure yet if I'm going to bring it.

Electric guitar + small amp brought from SFO about 5/6 years ago. No problema. Last time I got in through EZE about a month ago, I could see they are more alert to everything. But once they see the US Passport its "todo bien".
PS: If you plan to bring it back to the US, make sure you declare it going out. I had to do that with camera/lenses.

I've gone through Ezeiza dozens of times with guitars. Never had a problem. Having said that, they are more suspicious of instruments that appear to be brand new.

i've had similiar experiences to the above replies... i'm normally more concerned about it arriving safely and in one piece through the baggage handlers than getting it through customs. just speak loud and in english @ the scanners, they'll give you no trouble

Back