Electricity Fines

Fettucini

Registered
Hi does anyone know what the deal is with electricity fines in Argentina for using too much?
The last I heard was that if you use more electricity in your house than the same period the previous year you will get some sort of fine. If this is the case it is ridiculous as surely it depends on how many people are living in a house as to how much electricity you use.
Anyone have any more info on this?

Most countries that I know of use the same system

If you use more in year A, you pay more in year B

This is about the same as what the gas company is doing...basing the bill on the previous 12 months...you go over what they consider normal usage you are put into a higher "tax and/or fine" bracket.

I have never heard of someone being taxed on something they have already paid for and paid taxes on....insane and wrong!!!! Makes no sense...but logic is not a word that is used here.

But was is considered normal usage? If you for example you pay the bills on a large 5 bedroom property where the year before only one person was living in, and now there are 5 people, obviously using more electricity, then what is the deal with that? It's not as if you should deserve being penalized for that.

EvergreenGal said:
This is about the same as what the gas company is doing...basing the bill on the previous 12 months...you go over what they consider normal usage you are put into a higher "tax and/or fine" bracket.

I have never heard of someone being taxed on something they have already paid for and paid taxes on....insane and wrong!!!! Makes no sense...but logic is not a word that is used here.

Do you prefer that everybody pays higher taxes?

Do you also want to cut of a lower middle-class from La Matanza with 3 young kids cut of from gas, water, electricity?

Back