Email from Santander about bank account monthly fees

OK, in the case we're looking at, the CBU was changed, with no notice as far as we can see. As late as August it was one CBU, now it's another
How do you know the CBU was changed?

I have both Itau and Brubank. Neither charges me a fee...Brubank is usually where I keep my cash to spend as the mobile app is nicer and easy to follow than Itau's online banking.
Free Itau banking package (that includes an account in USD, by the way) is a relatively new thing. I was transferred from a paid to this free account after it was introduced a year ago or so. I guess, Itau is trying to compete with the new online banks.

Bill payment part at Itau is done via PagoMisCuentas, almost every non-state owned bank uses the same service. Brubank just adds a flashier user interface on top of it.

How do you know the CBU was changed?
Well, because it's my wife's account, she opened it a few years ago, and the CBU right now is different to what it was before. Plus it's a SuperCuenta now, when, as far as we can remember, she opened a normal cuenta de ahorros.

They did change my CBU, but I think it was also because they closed my original bank branch, and moved my account to another branch. Maybe when they moved my account, they changed it to a SuperCuenta? I'm not sure. Maybe I'll close the account next time I'm in Argentina.

They did change my CBU, but I think it was also because they closed my original bank branch, and moved my account to another branch. Maybe when they moved my account, they changed it to a SuperCuenta? I'm not sure. Maybe I'll close the account next time I'm in Argentina.
Yes, it seems to be associated with the bank branch closing down, I think quite a few were closed during the pandemic. Still it's very poor behaviour by Santander to change a customer's account like that.

According to the Argentinian central bank you should be able to close your account online: http://www.bcra.gov.ar/BCRAyVos/Preg-Frec-Cómo-puede-una-persona-cerrar-una-cuenta.asp

Good luck with that, though.

Back