Emergency Without Insurance

enriquetta

Registered
Guys, i have a problem. I had a small cut in my foot and i payed no attention, just put a curita, it didnt hurt, i did everything walking as usual and now its infected i guess, cause its a bit swollen and it hurts to walk... I know i can go to a public hospital here and wait in line but If you guys can recommend a place (specific clinic or something) where I could pay (I have no insurance, yet, i got here some weeks ago) and they would see me that would be great. I want to solve this today cause i dont want to loose more then one day (today) of my internship and I think it should be simple... Muchisimas graciasss!

Im in recoleta, i guess the closest is hospital aleman! I will call them!

Hospital Aleman is the top of the line and costly.

For a less expensive hospital try Clinica del Sol in Coronel Diaz Palermo close to Alto Palermo. ($200 pesos).

For a cheaper alternative just for a doctor to see the foot go to Centro Medico Calle Araoz 2279 and Charcas Palermo, $80 pesos for a medical consultation. 4832 0369.

What you need is simple, just a dose of antibiotics for min 7 days, Amoxicilina with Clavulinic Acid750 mg, which can be purchased without prescription...!! (had the same problem)

Don't take it lightly...!!!

Hospital Aleman is the top of the line and costly.

For a less expensive hospital try Clinica del Sol in Coronel Diaz Palermo close to Alto Palermo. ($200 pesos).

For a cheaper alternative just for a doctor to see the foot go to Centro Medico Calle Araoz 2279 and Charcas Palermo, $80 pesos for a medical consultation. 4832 0369.

What you need is simple, just a dose of antibiotics for min 7 days, Amoxicilina with Clavulinic Acid750 mg, which can be purchased without prescription...!! (had the same problem)

Don't take it lightly...!!!
Right on the money. That's the antibiotic of choice.

@ Rich one, really appreciate your useful posts

I consider you amongst my top 3 favourite posters on this forum.

Please continue posting here for many more years.

I'm honored to be on your podium of Fame... :D Hope I have the Gold Medal.... :rolleyes:

If you think that going to a private hospital will mean that you don't have to wait, you might be mistaken. Times vary. I've waited three hours or so to be seen at the Aleman, but that was in the evening on the weekend -- fewer docs.

The public hospitals often get a bad rap for some reason; perhaps because they're not the prettiest of places. But to be honest, they've actually provided me the best care. I had a hematoma on my neck after a chiropractic session gone wrong, and went to the Aleman to be seen. It took forever, and they forwarded me to see a surgeon. I went to make an appointment to see the surgeon, and I was going to have to wait 5 days. Meanwhile, the baseball on my neck was becoming bigger, and bigger.

Out of desperation, I decided to go to the Hospital de Clinicas. It was a Monday, and they were able to get me in the next day. By the time they saw me, the thing was the size of a softball, and a surgeon there felt around, sent me off to do an ultrasound, and determined that it would likely be OK, that surgery wouldn't be wise, etc, etc.

Fortunately, I was OK. Scary situation, though..

Your mileage may vary.

Back