End Of The Cepo And Other Restrictions

I have heard on a news channel a few minutes ago that import restrictions have not been lifted when buying online and it will not be changed in the future either.
Where did you hear that Nikad? Doesn't seem to fit with their model.
Scratches head and shuffles off to sulk in the corner...........................

I have heard on a news channel a few minutes ago that import restrictions have not been lifted when buying online and it will not be changed in the future either.

:( I want to use my Amazon Prime account dammit! That subscription is $100 a year. I want to be able to send myself awesome things instead of using it just to send gifts to people in the states.

Is it now possible to take pesos out of the ATM without being ripped off now? Could do without the regular trip to Colonia and/or Argenper.

Where did you hear that Nikad? Doesn't seem to fit with their model.
Scratches head and shuffles off to sulk in the corner...........................
Some minister was being interviewed on a news show. They have no problems with imported goods - companies, businesses - but not for individuals. They did not go into detail, they were basically talking about the 35% tax being removed after the devaluation.

This Amazon discussion which is current, seems to imply, at least from many contributors, that it's best to wait till 1st January, so we'll have to wait and see.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20currency%20converter?cdForum=Fx2OW12EC8YVRRB&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx2FO61PSO9OV9Z

Online shopping, unfair:

http://m.cronista.com/Mobile/nota.html?URI=/contenidos/2015/12/21/noticia_0084.html

Some minister was being interviewed on a news show. They have no problems with imported goods - companies, businesses - but not for individuals. They did not go into detail, they were basically talking about the 35% tax being removed after the devaluation.

The wife was going to transfer money for the AMEX payment today, and found the 35% tax on the statement. AMEX says we'll get it back, "As soon as these things take effect - surely no more than six months."

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of competition and potential damage to the local economy, one has to be realistic.
What we pay here already for 'tech' goods is double or more, especially with the recent devaluation.
Does it follow the liberalisation model to relax laws for importers but not for personal use? Especially when we are told that the new government would like us all to live in a 'normal' country? Whatever that is.

Back