English Books In Ba

Daniel has his catalogue online: http://www.bookcellarbsas.com/

You can also order from Amazon (not cheap, but it's an option). If you're an avid reader, I would get a kindle or other ereader, or get the kindle app for your iPad etc.

For reading, do yourself a favor and get a nice e-reader (not the tablet kind, but the ink kind), either a kindle or nook. There is not enough space here in apartments and homes for books.

Not knowing your circumstances it is hard to make the following comment yet I will still do so... let us say you plan to return to the states once a year -- then prefigure how many books you might like to read in that time period. I would seek out all the books you figure you would like to read next year and purchase them in the states where the prices are far more reasonable for them there. What you do with them later on well you can decide on that issue. If you are fond of the readers then that is another choice too so you could load some onto that device too. Finding the books you wish here in BA is difficult. El Ateneo is a beautiful bookstore if you read Spanish but very little exists there in English. Actually their store in Cordoba has a better selection and even there it is less than 100 titles. Last week I was at the store on Sante Fe picked up the only book in English I could see on Disney World in Florida.. date of the publication was 2007. I live in Orlando as a third home so believe me it was so out of date. There are a few chairs for sitting but very few. I had walked a lot that day .. saw an empty chair grabbed a book to just sit and relax before continuing my long walk of the day. Therefore purchase what you want to read for the year now .. you will be much happier than picking through what others did not want or looking at poor selections at some of the English language books available in BA. Purely my thoughts. Others will have different views. All the best.

I want to thank all of you for your responses related to my English Book store question.

Much appreciated!

Dave

The ICANA library is well worth joining. They also sell off some old books cheaply. http://www.icana.org.ar/
I used to go to the one of Maipu, not sure what the Belgrano sede is like.

The ICANA library is well worth joining. Yes I agree. I used to stop by to read The Times before I decided to subscribe digitally.
They have a six months plan or you can join for a year.
Also they have very clean public bathrooms. ;)

Seriously, it is 2013. Get a Kindle/iPad/Nook. No-brainer, especially if you are planning on reading a decent amount.

Regarding buying books for e-readers, I found some sites do not sell in Argentina (they track by ip address). For those suggesting kindle etc, have you actually bought books from within Argentina?

Back