"english People"

Need not apply LMAO tired of listening to Americans full of their own self importance, That is EXACTLY why I said "Friendly down to earth English people" lmfao.

Yep nothing more irritating - being interrupted whilst telling other people all about how important you are and then having to listen to someone else who doesn't seem to agree :lol:

I really like english people. Something about their self-bashing sense of humor that its absolutely charming.
But maybe im stereotyping, since i havent met that much in real life. But they seem like a cool bunch.

Plus, i love it when they say "mate"

I would have thought the Americans or other Europeans would be more sought out and
not the British. I have lived in England years ago. The reason I discuss this point is
after spending a lot of time in Ushuaia - the British do not seem to be high on anyone's
list down there - seems they think about Malvinas perhaps more than here in BA -
or are there other reasons?

Educate me!

Walter

I would have thought the Americans or other Europeans would be more sought out and
not the British.

Would have spelled it:
I would have thought the Europeans or other Americans would be more sought out and
not the English.

But that's me

I would have thought the Americans or other Europeans would be more sought out andnot the British. I have lived in England years ago. The reason I discuss this point isafter spending a lot of time in Ushuaia - the British do not seem to be high on anyone'slist down there - seems they think about Malvinas perhaps more than here in BA -or are there other reasons?Educate me!Walter
Yes the Malvinas/Falklands thing is alive down there - that is my take. A lot of the conscripts who had a bad time from the whole thing came from small places in Patagonia (and the NW) and not Buenos Aries as I understand.These grudges extend even more against Chile both for the assistance to the British but also about other matters and in particular the ridiculous Beagle conflict. I have seen the three islands and they are nothing but boy did the loom large in the suggestable popular imagination at the time and in the land at the end of the world then memories are long.http://en.wikipedia....Beagle_conflictHaving got all prepared for all out war with Chile - including giving Portenos air raid drill - the Generals realised they hadn't a chance and switched attention to the Falklands. A piece of opportunism encouraged by all the signals coming out from the British (who knows what the CIA were saying but Galtieri though he was well in there) but which in the end turned out to be a rather big mistake.

A lot of the conscripts who had a bad time from the whole thing came from small places in Patagonia (and the NW) and not Buenos Aries as I understand.
Well, the very credible reconstruction, Un Cuento Chino, begs to differ.

Well, the very credible reconstruction, Un Cuento Chino, begs to differ.

Fine! Plenty of room for disagreement I'm talking about what Portenos friends have told me. I cant send you a link to them! but perhaps you can send the link Un Cuento Chino to me to improve my understanding! :)

Let me know if anyone manages to dig up a miner from Newcastle since the last pit in the city closed in 1956 - and the last one in the NE (Northumberland) ended in 1994

Ever hear of an open cast mine.... I have one down the road from my house, plenty of real life miners available there.

Back