"english People"

Fine! Plenty of room for disagreement I'm talking about what Portenos friends have told me. I cant send you a link to them! but perhaps you can send the link Un Cuento Chino to me to improve my understanding! :)
I was just supposing you would know the movie I am referring to. It's a film packed with ironic humour, with a lot of hints to Argentine culture. But like always in the case of the cinema in Argentina, there is quite a serious undertone to be found in it, in this case a story about a cynical war veteran who eventually learns to embrace life once more. I think the protagonist is a native of Bs As. But anyway, just watch the movie in case you don't recognize any of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjhah5yA80A

oops sorry I was watching the match from Estadio Malvinas and not concentrating. No I havnt seen the film yet.

Maybe others who correspond on this site and have first hand knowledge on this point can assist. I know there is at least one - but it is a sensitive issue.

There were more opportunities to avoid being conscripted if you were in a big city than in a poor rural area.

I really like english people. Something about their self-bashing sense of humor that its absolutely charming.
But maybe im stereotyping, since i havent met that much in real life. But they seem like a cool bunch.

Plus, i love it when they say "mate"

Haha, yep we 'self bash' a lot. I think we know what we are talking about here.

I kinda like how the press sometimes refer to us as pirates. Its a pretty cool insult, haha

Let me know if anyone manages to dig up a miner from Newcastle since the last pit in the city closed in 1956 - and the last one in the NE (Northumberland) ended in 1994

Ever hear of an open cast mine.... I have one down the road from my house, plenty of real life miners available there.

Not your house in Buenos Aires? :)

Yes I have heard of an open cast mine as it happens.

Before writing I did look up via Google when the mines in the NE closed out of interest and because I didnt have the information and it is news to me that were any OC coal mines in the North East - only that they were talking about opening one. I have Geordie friends and I seem to recall them saying that all the pits have closed along time ago

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2012/12/19/plans-for-marley-hill-opencast-mining-spark-fury-in-sunniside-61634-32454839/

So where are we talking about that is " just down the road in the North East?" and is that a problem?

Back