English Speaking Driver/remis Recomendations?

Canick

Registered
I am searching for someone local who is trustworthy, speaks english, knows capital and has his or her own car and also provides a driving service.

does anyone have someone they can recommend? i always have guests coming into town that need rides to and from airport (english helps with the pick up) and guests looking for someone to help do mini tours and rent car with driver by the hour or half day etc.

I usually take them myself in cabs etc, but i have friends coming into town when i am not here and they don't speak a word of Spanish.

any suggestions much appreciated! :)
best,
nick

Hi Canick,

I can personally recommend John Boyle. He's an Irish guy living here in the city who runs a taxi service (I think he also does apartment rentals).
He did some runs with friends/family to/from the airport for me a few years back (I was getting married, and couldn't make the runs myself) - and everyone spoke highly of him.

HIs email is [email protected], and his mobile is (or at least was) 15-5852-8509.

hth

Bricky

thank u. i will contact him. anyone else have any suggestions please?

Avoid silverstar.com

Its a total con job being rub by a American guy married to a local woman. if the journey should cost 200 pesos, he will probably charge 150 us$ for it.

Avoid silverstar.com

Its a total con job being rub by a American guy married to a local woman. if the journey should cost 200 pesos, he will probably charge 150 us$ for it.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "Con", it is billed as a Premium car service with a Premium price to go along with that, and from what I know he is very upfront with his high end pricing.

I call it 'con' cos he thrives in targetting people arriving fresh in BA. One of his modus operandi is to create fear mongering amongst the new freshly arrived/arriving expats that the cheaper options such as 'Taxi Ezeiza' etc at Ezeiza airport or the taxi drivers in BA are all con artists who will kidnap them or do nasty things to them, while he (silverstar) himself is the only 'angel' driver left in town. And henceforth, everyone rather pay for the 'premium' service than have bad things happen to them!

Total Bollocks, IMHO!!

Back