English Teaching Job Opportunity

Argentine@Heart

Registered
Hi All,

I am looking for a job teaching English in Buenos Aires. Does anyone have any recommendations on English Schools that are seeking native English speakers? (I'm from New York). Also, is the TEFL certification necessary to obtain employment in these schools? Any leads are helpful!

Thanks!

Hi there! Just check out Craigslist Buenos Aires. They have new job offers for teaching English almost daily!

Hi All,

I am looking for a job teaching English in Buenos Aires. Does anyone have any recommendations on English Schools that are seeking native English speakers? (I'm from New York). Also, is the TEFL certification necessary to obtain employment in these schools? Any leads are helpful!

Thanks!

TEFL certification is necessary, yes. Unless you want to be making less money than it even costs to rent a shitty shared apartment in a bad neighborhood where two colombians are yelling at each other all day about their blind dog and steal your toothpaste. Although you'll probably wind up in that situation even if you do have a TEFL certification.

TEFL isn't necessary but it's good to have, and most institutes will probably only hire you if you have it. I got the TEFL but don't even know if I still have the certificate for it. It's probably floating around in Rio Plata somewhere.

As for English schools, you will probably need the TEFL and then a Masters, prior English teaching experience in a school, or just good connections, in order to find work for one of those.

There are options for obtaining the TEFL here in BsAs, which could be a good opportunity to come and experience the city and get qualifications.

Back