English Teaching Resources!

Maryeliza

Registered
I know there must be quite a few English teachers on here... I am one myself. I have been teaching English here for 6 months now, but really getting bored of the materials I have and my lesson plans... Does anyone have any good tips / resource pages book recommendations for me please?!

Also,if anyone would be interested - I don't think its a bad idea if a few of us fellow teachers got together to chat about teaching stuff and share ideas as well as making some new friends?!

Thanks in advance anyway - will look forward to some stimulating ideas coming my way!

Hi Maryeliza. I'm an English teacher too and have been teaching here for 3 months now, although I also taught for 5 years in Barcelona. I've been a DoS, written materials and so on. I'd love to get a group of teachers together to share ideas. As for tips for now, I'd recommend www.thelanguagepoint.com, or just start following people/resource sites on Twitter. Try looking up Dogme on Google or Twitter too, there are a lot of tips about teaching with no materials. If anyone wants to meet up, I'm all for it.
Best
Gary

Cheers Gary! Looks like its just you and me! :) I will check out the sites - thanks!

For what it's worth, if you are looking for some online resources, I recommend the following free websites for lesson planning, which all have forums, plus different lesson plans for different levels and focus points, tips, games, and so on:

www.eslcafe.com
www.eslhq.com
www.usingenglish.com

There is also www.onestopenglish.com. I love this site, it has thousands of lesson plans and ideas for ESL/EFL teachers, but you must pay for a year's subscription (around US$64, I think), but it's well worth it!

pompeygazza said:
Hi Maryeliza. I'm an English teacher too and have been teaching here for 3 months now, although I also taught for 5 years in Barcelona. I've been a DoS, written materials and so on. I'd love to get a group of teachers together to share ideas. As for tips for now, I'd recommend www.thelanguagepoint.com, or just start following people/resource sites on Twitter. Try looking up Dogme on Google or Twitter too, there are a lot of tips about teaching with no materials. If anyone wants to meet up, I'm all for it.
Best
Gary

Are you using a coursebook? What ages? I've accumulated lots of stuff (one way or another :) ) over 10 years or so of adult teaching and keep these in "the cloud" and backup with pen drives. Makes it a lot easier to carry around! Macmillan, Oxford etc have EFL Teacher's forums and free resources so worth checking them out. They are keen to have your email address and to send out stuff to publicise and backup their printed stuff. I've found that some of this is very good.

Typing in "free EFL resources" in Google produces 2.5 million results so issue is more quality than quantity I suspect

Maryeliza said:
I know there must be quite a few English teachers on here... I am one myself. I have been teaching English here for 6 months now, but really getting bored of the materials I have and my lesson plans... Does anyone have any good tips / resource pages book recommendations for me please?!

Also,if anyone would be interested - I don't think its a bad idea if a few of us fellow teachers got together to chat about teaching stuff and share ideas as well as making some new friends?!

Thanks in advance anyway - will look forward to some stimulating ideas coming my way!

I'd like to meet fellow English teachers. Some people on here were going to ge together last year. I've got tons of experience (and actualy may be able to recommend somebody some students).

Hey guys.... I am leaving BA soon and I have a student who needs a replacement teacher... would anyone be interested? Need someone fun and reliable for a 17 year old male whos quite advanced and works really quick! He lives in Belgrano and pays 90 for 1.5 hours on Wedesday afternoon...

Back