Enlozar Una Banera To Glaze A Porcelain Bathtub

estebandepraga

Registered
Hi
Has anyone ever "enlozado" or glazed or put an addl layer of enamel on their bathtubs?
I did it years ago but I lost the contact
anyone have a good fairly-priced person who does it?
thanks
Esteban

Just did it a few months ago. The painter who was painting my apartment did it. So far it's held up well! It's actually painted on after very stringent stripping and cleaning.

hola alicia
so it was painted? maybe i should do that instead am not sure but i like the glazed effect plu its a 100yr old clawed tub
sorry i didnt go to any more book club meetings
im always traveling when they are taking place
hope youre well
beso
esteban

Honestly it looks just like its porcelain. I think it must be some liquid porcelain if that's possible, or some damn good faux effect! I think many people do this here and you can't tell the difference unless it starts peeling! Most important thing is the preparation (I.e.stripping of all former paint and particles).
Well the book club still remembers your fascinating visit.! We're always meeting last Wednesday of the month. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever can come again. There's some excellent book summaries online so one doesn't have to have read the book ...just bring a dish for the potluck dinner and some wine whenever!
Best of luck and let us know how it all turns out

I did that in the apartment I had in Buenos Aires. It's indeed a special paint but you need to prepare the surface before (with sandpaper or similar). Not that complicated but better apply a thin layer at first so it doesn't make lump/clumping

you can get an epoxy paint to do this, but it is NOT porcelain.
True porcelain is actually glass frit, which is baked onto the cast iron at a temperature that makes the glass melt into a syrup which fuses to itself and the metal.
Obviously, you cant do this while the tub is in your bathroom.

The epoxy paint works ok, but usually only lasts five years or so.

thanks to all
yes thats what its been about 5 yrs or so and im not hard on my tub but the peeling look has gotten old(and ugly)
if anyone has a recommendation for a guy to do it, id be grateful if not its yellow pages time
esteban

It's funny. Esteban has been asking for a name from the very beginning and none of the "helpful" posts have bothered to give him one. I'm sorry Esteban, I don't have a name to give you. The thread is a very good example of how people often fail to read properly.

It's funny. Esteban has been asking for a name from the very beginning and none of the "helpful" posts have bothered to give him one. I'm sorry Esteban, I don't have a name to give you. The thread is a very good example of how people often fail to read properly.

It's usually much worse (like "why would you re-glaze your bathtub anyway, just saying...").

Here it's an easy DIY job

Back