Enrolment SOS! UBA spanish classes

Thanks everybody for input! We have decided to try out Vamos first thing monday morning.

All the best!

Concerning the recent post about colectivos: It is not that easy as roxane said since they work with segments, not with distance. Obelisco => Av. de Mayo in the 100 costs 1,2 eventhough it is just 3-4 blocks. So better pay 1,25 straight ahead or tell the driver where you want to get off the bus and he tells you the price.

On the main topic: I advice paying with credit card in the case of UBA courses. My course was cancelled and they told me it will take 2 months to give me my money back. Bad luck if you paid in cash and aren't in the country any more by that time. Paying with credit card you are in a better position (of course ideally they just give you the course you paid for and all I wrote does not matter).

Vamos's students told me that the school organizes language exchange events with locals on Wednesdays at 6.30pm. You need to bring $10 and a bottle of alcohol. Perhaps that will be cool for your wife.

Im going to be at your location on Friday afternoon. It will be cool if you are able to send me a private message so we can arrange to meet for a coffee.

If you go to Vamos - Ask to speak to Marlo, and tell her you know me!
(It won't get you any discount, but she can tell you all about the fun things we all get up to here in BsAs...)

I had a really nice experience at Verbum, a school in Almagro, off Corrientes. Good rates and excellent instruction. www.Verbum.biz
PM me if you have questions about my experiences

Mrkharma78, I got your PM, however I am not able to send you one. We are on the way to go through it!!

Speaking of "PM"...

Does anyone know of Spanish classes from ~6pm-9pm?

I absolutely need structure to improve my Spanish, so just studying on my own or occasionally meeting with a tutor who doesn't have a set of books that build on themselves is not what I'm looking for. However, I work during the day (when I work), so there is no way that I can do a 9am-12pm or a 1pm-4pm language class. (Well, maybe the 9am, but we'll see.)

So if anyone know of a language school with NIGHT classes, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

I did 2 classes at UBA and didn't really like them, they were too easy and progressed pretty slowly, but they basically refuse to put you into the next level, also the second class was almost identical to the first, so if you just want a basic review of something then do it, my friend liked the higher level so perhaps they get better if your Spanish is pretty good. They also offer night classes in their Palermo location. Definitely pay by CC, last year they had strikes and classes were cancelled and or delayed. Took my friend 4 months to get his CC refunded, when he first asked they said the govn't has the money...aka too bad so sad.

Also last year the intensive courses were 1,600 pesos and your second class, if you take more, was 1,160

Any suggestions for what time/how much earlier to show up to the UBA spanish course enrollment process if it starts at 9 am?

Back