Entering and exiting Argentina after applying for citizenship prematurely

SecretShopper

Registered
I'm trying to determine if I should completely abandon ship, or apply after 1 year. For the people who apply for citizenship early after 1 year of residency, how exactly are they classified while entering and exiting the country? Would you then just turn back to tourist status? Would it be a situation where I need to stay in the country without leaving, or it would still just be like you need significant time here?

I ain’t no lawyer but I’m pretty confident you can leave without issue as long as you don’t look like you’re changing where you live it is fine. Ie you leave forever.

Yeah I know I leave without issue. My main question was whether I would need to remain in the country full time if I applied early. Or could I just still come and go as I pleased. Would I be classified as a tourist or one of those other statuses since I'd have applied already?

Yeah I know I leave without issue. My main question was whether I would need to remain in the country full time if I applied early. Or could I just still come and go as I pleased. Would I be classified as a tourist or one of those other statuses since I'd have applied already?
It would be better if you ask Migraciones directly. Book a turno with them and go there asking them directly. it's the most secured way. I did this and I'm glad I went. .http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/turnosAsesoramiento/verificar_jurisdiccion.php

It would be better if you ask Migraciones directly. Book a turno with them and go there asking them directly. it's the most secured way. I did this and I'm glad I went. .http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/turnosAsesoramiento/verificar_jurisdiccion.php
Citizenship is ruled by Federal Courts. To be adviced by immigration is like being a woman and being advised by Barreda (who shot his wife, his daughter and his mother-in-law with a shotgun). I suggest you don’t.
Uninterrumpted residency is not a requirement no matter when you apply.

I'm trying to determine if I should completely abandon ship, or apply after 1 year. For the people who apply for citizenship early after 1 year of residency, how exactly are they classified while entering and exiting the country? Would you then just turn back to tourist status? Would it be a situation where I need to stay in the country without leaving, or it would still just be like you need significant time here?
Why would you be classified as a tourist? As long as you are still resident when you come back you will be admitted under the same category. If you residency has expired you will indeed be admitted as a tourist. During the citizenship process the court sends an embargo haberes request for to migraciones to check you current immigration status (some judges also ask for a migratory log of exits and entires but not all do). If Migraciones respond you are no longer a resident (and granted you don't have an Argentine chid) then I presume the court will need you to argue why they should not reject your application outright...that's an issue you'd need legal helps with. I am not a lawyer.

In my personal case judge was requesting migration log several times even I am permanent resident with Argentinian family.

Your case seems more complex, why Argentina needs students who don't even study in the country? Its like you had 1 reason to be here and you are not interested in this 1.

If you was studying spanish its even worse it means you have no local cultural code (regardless that no law requires it), they will get you are trying to buy passport with paying a year of classes. Maybe you will think for yourself really good reasons why you need citizenship and write it down in Spanish in your solicitude. That way they will see you are serious about it.

But first I think you should get a judge assigned and analyze his personal position on such cases.

No.
You are an argentine citizen since you apply BUT in possession of status. You are in the same situation than a just born baby without papers. Is he a citizen? No doubt.
This is not my “unhortodox” delirium, this is what Supreme Court says so: it is illegal to deport to an applicant for a citizenship letter.

In my personal case judge was requesting migration log several times even I am permanent resident with Argentinian family.

Your case seems more complex, why Argentina needs students who don't even study in the country? Its like you had 1 reason to be here and you are not interested in this 1.

If you was studying spanish its even worse it means you have no local cultural code (regardless that no law requires it), they will get you are trying to buy passport with paying a year of classes. Maybe you will think for yourself really good reasons why you need citizenship and write it down in Spanish in your solicitude. That way they will see you are serious about it.

But first I think you should get a judge assigned and analyze his personal position on such cases.

You are right. Students never were eligible for citizenship.

Back