Entering With An Australian Or English Passport

pommey

Registered
Hi guys,
I will be moving to Bs As in a month and have both a English and Aussie passport. I know I need to pay $200 at the airport entering on my Aussie passport and last time I arrived I came with my English. I'm going to be getting my residency through work and they don't seem to think there is a problem with either.
But Id like to know if anyone here knows if there is a preference? I'm currently travelling on my Australian passport.

Thanks for any comments and hope to see you all soon.

If you dont have to pay the fee on the British one then I would probably come with that. Unless your work is reimbursing you where it shouldnt matter, I guess.

One comment, if you are coming from Aust, make sure you have some form of ticket out of the country. When I came here from Sydney a year and a half ago, because my work had told me that we would organise the work visa when I arrived (so just come on a tourist stamp) and I didnt have any transport out of the country (just 1 way plane ticket), Qantas made a song and dance at the airport and wouldnt let me leave with some outbound transport.

Buena suerte!

Hi Pommy, like you I am a dual national (Brit/Aussie). The advice I have been given is to enter on my Brit passport, no fee :), if I had an English passport....the chances are I'd burn it :p lol....old habbits die hard you know! Also, if you should get into trouble of whatever nature, Australian representation overseas is a bit on the tawdry side, as opposed to the Brits who in my experience know what they are doing.

Trennod's advice is 100% correct. If you are not a national or resident of the country you are entering you always need a return or onward ticket.

I entered on an Irish passport with no onward flight, on a tourist visa (now a perm resident) without any issues. Probably better to have a return leg lined just in case.

I came into Argentina on my Canadian passport. I have to leave in 6 days and plan to return the same day. I also have a French passport that I could get Fedex, is this recommended? If I did three more months on my Canadian passport, I could then do a further 3+3 (six months) on my French passport - is the legal?

Back