Entry Question

swellington

Registered
Hello,

Im coming to BA for awhile (I hope) and will be entering with a tourist visa. I can get this at the airport and have already taken care of this somewhat new 'reciprocity fee...'

BUT I do not have any proof of departure.

Will this be an issue?

They didn't ask me any questions about departure when I arrived but I had purchased a Buquebus ticket to Colonia just in case since I would be going there to renew my tourist visa anyways. Might be a good idea to have it just in case but both times I have entered the country they didn't ask for proof of departure.

There have been some sporadic reports of the airline in the US asking for proof of departure, but it seems to be very rare. Simply saying you are taking a ferry/car/bus when there has been enough for everyone I have heard about. In 5 years of going back and forth I have never once been asked.

What they do care about is the reciprocity fee being paid and they check for that before boarding.

I have never been asked about a departure going in to Argentina, however I was once stopped by British Airways going out of England but managed to talk my way out of it. That only happened once in about 10 times that I have entered though.

Hello,

Im coming to BA for awhile (I hope) and will be entering with a tourist visa. I can get this at the airport and have already taken care of this somewhat new 'reciprocity fee...'

BUT I do not have any proof of departure.

Will this be an issue?

I have entered Argentina many dozens of times over the last three decades, and never has anybody asked me for proof of a return or onward ticket. Once, in Seattle, American Airlines asked me for proof (I had arrived on a ticket I purchased in Santiago de Chile), but I showed my numerous passport stamps to a supervisor - just a minor disruption, in the end.

I was asked once, seven years ago. I told them I had a boat ticket but they didn't budge. I simply then, on the spot, bought a refundable ticket to Peru with my credit card and later returned it unused.!

this is an airline thing. air canada has asked many times in check in why i didnt have a return passage. (before i had residency)
it was enough for me to say, "i'm not sure of my outdate as i will be travelling all through south america and leaving argentina by bus once i'm ready to move on. But I have to be back home in two months anyway..." etc etc.
that worked for me, but i'm sure there is a much simpler reply.

Back