escuela argentina de moda

journeyjane

Registered
i was planning to attend the escuela argentina de moda but they have been EXTREMELY shady over the phone - i called the secretary this morning to ask if they received my email and she HUNG UP on me. when i called back she played the pick up/hang up game, which i find beyond unprofessional.

does anyone have info on this school? is it just one awful secretary or is that pretty much how the school runs? i have been planning this move for a year and a half and now i'm starting to doubt my decision. any fashion designers out there? i could really use some advice!

thanks

I would persevere....I have had many people hang up on me because of my accent...I think some just don't want to bother with foreigners. But I keep calling and get there in the end. Guys will be helpful, the girls here are competitive.

Perhaps you have other options. What do you want to do at Escuela Argentina de Moda? A workshop, a career?

I have had similar problems with schools here.. the secretary can be unfriendly, unhelpful etc.. but its tipical for that attitude here in argentina... In the spanish school i went to the admin staff were horrible, but the teachers were the total opposite..

the best school for fashion design, is Carolina Aubele. She's very professional, talented and offers many workshops in different aspects of fashion like coolhunting, history of fashion, figurine drawing, shoe design, etc. I studied there 12 years ago, and her school grew a lot since then. Highly recommended

I have very good comments about the program at UBA, however I think the student needs a DNI and student visa. It doesnt hurt to ask!

I'm pretty sure the UBA is a 4 year program, and I only plan on being there for 1 year. I was hoping to get more in-depth training in sewing and textile design, while doing a fashion design internship in the city. I had a (male) native Spanish speaking co-worker here in the States call them and finally got through to the secretary.. She said there must have been something wrong the the phones. Whatever!

Anyway, I'm in the process of signing up for a couple classes there. Any thoughts on where to look for an internship?

AnalogDreamer, I can't seem to find info on the Carolina Aubele escuela de moda. Does it still exist?

Back