Staying in BA for six months - accommodation?

booms

Registered
Hi all

I'm planning to come back to BA, but this time to spend 6 months. I've been before for 3 months, and used Airbnb. That was fine, but in most places in the world I'd imagine I'd get a better deal to book something more long term. That's a well trodden path in CDMX, for example.

However when I look at it for BA it seems to be a nightmare of guarantors or equivalent insurance. How is everyone managing it?

Guarantors, insurance etc are for long term, mostly unfurnished rentals, which under the unpopular newish rental laws are for 3 years with break and inflation clauses. You are definitely still in the short term market at 6 months. There's quite a lot been written on this site about rental market difficulties and there are occasional offers of apartments from forum members. It wouldn't do any harm to post your own want ad in the accommodation section

Good luck!

Hi all

I'm planning to come back to BA, but this time to spend 6 months. I've been before for 3 months, and used Airbnb. That was fine, but in most places in the world I'd imagine I'd get a better deal to book something more long term. That's a well trodden path in CDMX, for example.

However when I look at it for BA it seems to be a nightmare of guarantors or equivalent insurance. How is everyone managing it?
You may find an alternative to Airbnb paying in dollars (up front?), no garantia.

Back