"esta Vieja Es Peor Que El Tuerto"

Reading the article about this led me to this other president of uruguay's coment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=voY8ZqFQ5pQ

I love his backtracking on what he said about whom. A completely obviously bald-faced lie and not really showing any courage at all.

Seems to me that he would have looked a lot better saying something like "it was an accident, I certainly wasn't intending to publicly state my own personal opinions. In fact, my own personal opinions related to the specific people who are currently in power as representatives of their respective peoples has nothing to do with the position of our Uruguayan government and I apologize for any misspoken remarks that were issued outside of official channels or means."

I despise politicians in general, all politicians, from every country. There may be specific examples of individuals that do not fall under such extreme feelings in my case, but I am hard-pressed to think of any, at least currently living, that do not. This is an example of why :)

Seems to me that he would have looked a lot better saying something like "it was an accident ...
I like "Yo no les voy a dar pelota" answer better.
But I still don't get what all the fuss is about?
  1. Cristina is old
  2. Nestor had one eye.
  3. She is worse than Nestor.
What part of this causes the commotion?

If he says now that "Nestor was worse than her", it will not sound much as an apology either :)

What's interesting about this forum, is that almost without any exception, everybody seems to utterly loathe the current president of Argentina. In many countries, there is a very polarized divide between either two or a couple of parties. But on this forum, pretty much the main thing people are fighting each other over is who hates K-gada the most.

What's interesting about this forum, is that almost without any exception, everybody seems to utterly loathe the current president of Argentina. In many countries, there is a very polarized divide between either two or a couple of parties. But on this forum, pretty much the main thing people are fighting each other over is who hates K-gada the most.

That's because most of the people here were raised in another culture. While some people in the US are political hardcore, my view is that most folks there don't care and if they do, they are not fanatics. They tend to listen a little to the other part. Here, society tends to become a fanatic on things. For example, if you believe Cristina is doing wonderful things, Macri is the devil. Is like that, you are going to have a really hard time finding someone who loves cristina and doesn't hate Macri. It doesn't matter what he could say or do, he is wrong just because he is one of the most powerful pieces of the opposition today. This is today, tomorrow is going to be Clarin, or the Agrogarcas, or the Buitres, or the IMF, or the ONU, or UK, or the Banks, or the Speculators, or the World Bank, or Oligarcas and so on.

So, if you are not a fanatic, you will see what things Cristina did not do well on the last couple of years. I'm not one of her followers, nor I like Macri or Scioli (or any other politician for that matter), but, I have been doing some research on the economic side, and I have to say that I think Nestor K was doing some things right. Not everything, but he did know how to handle things. People I talked with share this idea -no one who is K- and everyone also thinks Cristina has some big issues on her big head. He did have a brain for this and the situation went a little to hell after he died because I think he was the one moving things from behind the curtain.

No one that can perform an objective analysis can say that she has been doing things well these last couple of years. It has been one screw-up decision after another one. In summary.. (I tend to write too much, sorry about that) I think this is because people in Argentina is special regarding the political aspect. Most folks are too fanatic and don't want to listen both sides, so, people who does will fall on the side anti-k side, people who don't, will either be super-anti-k or just k.

At least that's what I think :)

Back