Establishing Credit Here In Argentina

There's been many cases where the buyer didn't have legal access to get U$S (as most Argentinian's don't) and got to pay in pesos. But at what rate, depends on what's signed and the judge you get. This case they had agreed to pay "contado con liqui" if there ever was a problem to get US bills.
http://www.abogados....xtranjera/12614

It may have not been clear from the previous discussion, but there is no such thing as "building credit" here. Either you qualify for it or you don't, which primarily depends on your relationship with your bank (i.e how much money you have or make).

If you default on a loan, have delinquent accounts, etc then your name is put on the "veras." But even that doesn't necessarily disqualify you. I've opened an account and obtained a credit card with my name listed on it.

Tell us what you want to do with credit in Argentina and we can probably give you more specific answers.

Edit: For the most part everything is tracked via your DNI. Without a DNI, some things are tracked via a CUIT/CUIL, but without a DNI you probably aren't eligible for credit in Argentina.
Can you explain a little about CUIT and CUIL?

Cuil is like the social security number and it is only for employeds while CUIT is for companies or the owner of the company.

Back