Eva the musical

tangojohn

Registered
I recently saw "EVA" on my last trip to BA. I was told the actress playing her part is over 60 years old. I find that difficult to believe even with today's wonderful plastic surgery and fantastic make up. Does anyone know her name? I would like to do a little research on this incredible actress.

"Eva" is Nacha Guevara....and she is 68 years old, as you said difficult to believe but it's true

Nacha Guevara (born Clotilde Acosta, October 3, 1940) is an Argentine singer and actress from Mar de Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina. She has acted in numerous Argentine films, as well as on Broadway. However, she is best known for her extensive musical career, which has been realized throughout the world and over several decades. One of her most interesting projects is the musical show "Nacha sings to Benedetti", where she sets some of the most famous poems of Mario Benedetti to music. Nacha Guevara exiled herself to Mexico during the Dirty War, because of threats from the Triple A death squad. After the end of the Argentinian dictatorship, she returned to her native country. She has participated in TV shows such as "Alas, poder y pasión" (Wings, Power and Passion) and films as "El lado oscuro del corazón" (The Dark Side of the Heart) and its sequel, where she plays Death, a symbolic character who is in love with the hero and harasses him, trying to take him to the other side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacha_Guevara English

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacha_Guevara Castellano (complete)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0346485/ Filmografia

Bienvenidos a la página de Nacha Guevara (no official)

NACHA GUEVARA is "EVA" El Gran Musical Argentino Trailer

I found an interesting post in another forum about "Evita"-The Musical by Tim Rice & Andrew Lloyd Webber, nothing to do with "EVA" El Gran Musical Argentino, but interesting nevertheless to understand the reality and misconceptions peoples have about this woman real life when what they only know or learn is through a movie or a theatrical stage view.

The post is from one frustrated and incensed member from that forum who feed up from what he was reading from other members without a clue wrote explaining in deep the realities that surrounded this enigmatic and controversial woman.

If you are interested to learn some concrete facts over Eva Duarte de Peron please follow the link to read the complete post.

What do you think of Eva?---Has anybody ever bothered reading a well researched book? by Fabian

You will notice that after his explanation no one dare to rebuke him or continue that thread.

Thanks, Lucas, for referring us to those very interesting comments. They help balance a distinctly anti-peronist attitude I perceive in the Argentines I know best.

RWS said:
Thanks, Lucas, for referring us to those very interesting comments. They help balance a distinctly anti-peronist attitude I perceive in the Argentines I know best.

Most of the Argentines I come across adore Evita, and would not have a word said against her. I guess it must be down to the circles you move in.
I agree though that the article I read here was very interesting and informative.

Lucas thanks for posting this interesting post and Fabian wrote a tremendous piece which is very difficult to argue with.

tangobob said:
Most of the Argentines I come across adore Evita . . . .
Most of my Argentine acquaintances, true, seem to be fairly openly Peronist. Those I actually know, though, seem to be a different mix.

Most of the Argentines I come across adore Evita

Oddly, great swathes of these people would no doubt proclaim support for the campo in the recent disputes with the government. Evita would have rained hellfire down upon them.

RWS said:
Most of my Argentine acquaintances, true, seem to be fairly openly Peronist. Those I actually know, though, seem to be a different mix.

RWS as Tangobob said "I guess it must be down to the circles you move in " this is very true if you are in a circle surrounded by very well off and pretentious social and economic elite (said..oligarchy) as Fabian explain in his post you probably will be influenced by different and misinformed opinions by people that repeat as parrots what they peer in those circles suggest be by a way of total ignorance or disregard of the truth you must do no belive all they say to you just listen and then have your how balanced information and conclusions of the realities about this woman.

I am glad that Fabian's post which I think it was great and very useful for people who do not know much about Eva helps to demystify some points on her life, remember she was a controversial individual, hated by some and adored by the great majority.

I'm local and after 46 years of can´t decide if peronism promoted a valuable development to working class or it is the worst thing ever happened to Argentina. In between, I can´t name myself nothing close to peronist but the speech from Evita in Spain that appears in this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNxVslZp_Fo seems to me a synthesis of her thoughts and still moves me everytime I had listened it. (Sorry but in spanish)

Back