Evening Dresses In Buenos Aires

If you are going to Colombia, what about buying it there? Ask about prices, but you will definately blend in more with the crowd.
A dressmaker is also a great option.
And I agree with Syngen: I went to a wedding here--that was supposedly formal--and about five men wore sneakers. I made my husband wear dress shoes and a botton down shirt and he still complains.

Hi,

I am going to Colombia for a wedding in June and need to buy a formal dress.
If you have any suggestions can you please let me know?

My budget is around $250 US dollars or $2,125 pesos and it needs to be a long evening gown.
A lot of people have told me that it is going to be very expensive and the quality won't be what it is in the U.S..is this true?
Would it be a better idea to order a dress online in the U.S. and have it shipped here?

Thank you!
Hola! try Maria Cher

My sister-in-law was so demanding, kept saying everyone had to wear a long dress, so my mother-in-law, my other sister-in-law and I all ended up buying there. And we go to the wedding, and of course, guess what -- apart from the brides mum, everyone wore short dresses. Including all of the bridesmaids -- the supposed best friends who were supposed to follow her long dress rules exactly. So unless this is an ultra-high-class wedding do not be surprised if you get there and everyone else is in short cocktail dresses.

Mmm but all we know is that this is a wedding in Colombia. If it's a wedding in Colombia with Colombians and they told you what to wear, don't dress down thinking everyone else will. It's a completely different aesthetic there-- you will not see five o'clock shadows, mullets and sneakers on men or six inches of split ends, grown out roots and flats on women at formal events. The look is more "done" there and they tend to dress and groom themselves more formally than Argentines in general, especially for weddings and similar occasions. No, this does not just apply to the upper class. If they told you long evening dress, based on my experiences I doubt the other guests will ignore this and go cocktail. But when in doubt, ask!

Colombians love their shopping malls and in every one I've seen there has been some sort of formal dress store. Bigger cities have more selection. Sorry, can't give you an idea of the prices but I can confirm that clothing in general there is much cheaper than in Argentina. With your budget it's something to think about, but you might be pressed for time if you've already booked your flight.

Back